Nobody cares about food.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
The only thing I haven't eaten yet from that list are snails and oysters. I'd try them, tho. I already ate noodles made partialy with worm-flour.
My boyfriend and I'll try making Andong JjimDak when I'll be over for my birthday. Already super exited for it - he ate it when he was in Korea and liked it a lot. It's braised chicken with glassnoodles and spicy. I cannot handle spicy too well, so we may need to adjust. And I hope we'll find the brown sugar. For some odd reason, we don't seem to have the same type of brown sugar americans, koreans, and propably the rest of the world uses. (the slightly wet dark brown sugar). We have a german word for it, but well, not even the real big supermarket here has it. Just lightbrown cane sugar they advertise as brown sugar.
Also, I know you can make it yourself with regular sugar and molasses.. guess what I also never where able to find! :D
I think you probably have golden cane sugar or similar. Don’t worry about it, works just as well.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sukubia Scarmon

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
I think you probably have golden cane sugar or similar. Don’t worry about it, works just as well.
That's what it is, yep! Good to know, if we won't find it, then we'll just use that, and I can stop stressing out about it. Thanks!

• 1Hug
Reactions: Isabeau

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Zero for me. Opposite of picky? No standards? 🙃

There was only one thing on that list I would never eat: Oysters. And that's because of a traumatic experience I had with fried clams as a kid, and I had sworn off clams AND oysters. Everything else on that list I'd eat. Spend 20 years in the Navy, you'll eat pretty much anything that isn't nailed down.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Should I eat a bowl of Cheerios or be reasonable and just go to bed?

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Sid

Free

she/feline
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
So, the Andong JjimDak me and my boyfriend made was tasty! We did end up finding brown sugar (I even got a bag to take home), but not the korean chilli poweder - we used a turkish chilly powder instead, the internet said it's a good substitute, and it was! It was spicy, but I could handle it (I get stomach problems pretty easily with spicy food).

Oh, and I went to a revolving sushi bar! Never been to one before, that was really awesome. They had coconut-mochi. I'm still dreaming about it. What else did we devour.. for my birthdayparty, we had IKEA-hotdogs and new york cheesecake (Deeeelicious!). We made beef jerky! I made a teriyaki marinade, and yumm! Also, we tried and dried different fruits; the clear winners where apples and kaki (persimons)!

• 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau