Nobody cares about food.

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
I find that they taste like a mix of pear and mild kiwi.

I have a dragon fruit plant at home. Pretty. 🌱

That might be why I couldn't really pintpoint it - I don't eat both often, I think over ten years since I ate a pear, and five for Kiwis. (They hurt my tongue ;_; ). But yeah, now that you say it, there's resemblance!

Oh, gotta google how the plants look. I do think the fruits are among some of the prettiest!
Edit: They look AWESOME!

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Isabeau

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
If you were asked what your favorite dessert is, would you struggle to come up with an answer? Or would it be...

...a piece of cake?

• 1Like
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Since I grow them, I pretty much go 1 - 15. 1 -5 I can fry (tostones) and 5 -10 are excellent for just eating and 10 - 15 are great to dehydrate or make bread, cookies or cakes with.
Bananas are so damn versatile. In my house, we might get maybe 2-3 days of usage of fresh bananas before they start turning, if we are lucky.

We have accepted this and freeze them. We use them for banana pancakes (omg, you don't know what you are missing if you don't try this), banana bread, and even banana shakes. I have dehydrated them in the past, too. But damn those pancakes, shakes, bread are way more tempting.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Bananas are so damn versatile. In my house, we might get maybe 2-3 days of usage of fresh bananas before they start turning, if we are lucky.

We have accepted this and freeze them. We use them for banana pancakes (omg, you don't know what you are missing if you don't try this), banana bread, and even banana shakes. I have dehydrated them in the past, too. But damn those pancakes, shakes, bread are way more tempting.
Ooooo pancakes, I hadn't thought of those and we've been breaking up the week by making a nice breakfast every Sunday morning. Banana pancakes would be awesome!

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Ooooo pancakes, I hadn't thought of those and we've been breaking up the week by making a nice breakfast every Sunday morning. Banana pancakes would be awesome!
Paired with some kind of caramel based syrup? Oh, yummies. Toss in a handful of crushed/broken pecans/walnuts for extra bang.

Bananas or their flavor pair very well with caramel sauces and assorted nuts.

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
If you were asked what your favorite dessert is, would you struggle to come up with an answer? Or would it be...

...a piece of cake?
That is a tough one..so many choices.
Um..off the top of my head, I guess I would go with strawberry covered cheesecake but dang brownies with ice cream is good too as is german chocolate cake.

Imma still go with the cheescake, but allow myself to change my mind depending on whatever I most recently had. :)

Last edited:

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Can I substitute most of the oil in a cornbread recipe with cottage cheese? I've read you can use greek yogurt to replace most of it, but I'm living out of a micro fridge at the moment and space is at a premium, and I always have cottage cheese for breakfast (with fruit & cornbread) because it's so cheap, healthy, and fills me up until dinner. If no, how about bananas or applesauce?

I plan to bake it in an oven for right now but am planning to move on to a bread machine with a bake setting in the near to intermediate term.

Thanks much!

Last edited:

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I would say yes, you can substitute same amount of oil/cottage cheese for most baking but I’ve never made cornbread - I don’t think I’ve ever eaten it so can’t help with that specifically. Can’t see why not.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Soen Eber

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Banana pancakes sound absolutely awesome!

• 2Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Sid

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
Tell him he's not supposed to refrigerate bananas! That turns them instantly black! Eww!
Oh! I will - I actually didn't know that, I never put mine in the fridge. I just assumed he forgot about it, since, well, that happens with a lot of stuff in his fridge, heh. Thank you, I'll tell him! :D