Nobody cares about food.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
McPlant? They need a new marketing team.

Anyway, I bet the lettuce has meat in it.

Sid

Coffee lover.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
If I want to eat a salad, I'll order a salad.
If I order a burger, I expect meat. (The reason I despise the cardboard McDonalds burgers of all types)

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale
SL Rez
SLU Posts

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a turkey, or a turd on fire!
Maybe it's moose turd pie. There was a song by Utah Philips about that.

Armed with that knowledge, I sallied forth over the muddy river. I was walking around among the sheet grass and the bunch grass, and I looked down, and there was just a hell of a big moose turd. Biggest damn moose turd; that was a real steamer! I looked down at that meadow wafer, and I said to myself "Self, I'm gonna bake up a big moose turd pie." 'Cause if anybody complains about my cookin', they're gonna have to cook. So I tipped that pasture pastry up on edge. I got my shit together, so to speak. And I started rolling it down towards the old cook car
BALUUMP! BALUUMP!
I got it down there and leaned it up against the side, and I climbed up in the cook car, and I baked up a hell of a big pie shell. And I baked that moose turd in as slick as you please. And I cribbed the edges with my thumbs, and laid strips of dough across it, & garnished it with a sprig of parsley, a little paprika. It was beautiful; poetry on a plate. And I served it up for dessert, waiting for the first hint of a complaint. Well, this giant dude comes in, about 5 foot 40; I mean he was big. Throwed himself down like a fool on a stool. Picked up his fork. Took a big bite of that moose turd pie. Well, he threw down his fork, and he let out a bellow, and he yelled...
"My God! That's Moose Turd Pie! ...It's Good, Though!"

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
OMG I have to cook. It's dinner time, I haven't ordered anything and now I have to figure out what to cook. BLEH! I think I'm going to see how fast grubhub can deliver something. I just can't wrap my brain around what to pull out of the refrigerator and make edible. 😝

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Come back later and tell us what you ordered. I demand to know ’cause I’m nosy like that. 🍔🥟🍤🥗🌮🍕🍣

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
Made chipotle/cilantro ranch dressing.

1 1/2 cups buttermilk
juice of 2 limes
2 cloves garlic mixed with a generous pinch of salt and mashed into a smooth paste
1/4 cup mayo

Whisk all that together then add:

1 tablespoon chipotle chile*
1 finely chopped bunch cilantro
1 tsp sugar/sweetener

If you want it thicker either add more mayo or use about four tiny pinches of guar gum or xanthan gum powder, whisking like mad. If you use the gum you have to sort of rub it between your fingertips to sprinkle it so only tiny particles hit the dressing -- otherwise, you get glops of stuff that can only be described as "goobery." (Guar gum and xanthan gum come from Bob's Red Mill.) Do not overdo the gum -- that stuff keeps thickening for about an hour.

*Mama likes it spicy. YMMV

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm not sure this belongs here. Or anywhere.

Winter is coming, and it’s going to be a long one. But this year’s chilly season can also be both a warm and delicious one. Pizza Hut has announced a limited-edition weighted blanket, so pizza lovers can climb underneath and feel like they just came out of the oven themselves.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I ordered from our closest Mexican restaurant. Chili relleno, tacos, beans and rice and an apple filled burrito. It was good. 😊 Funny thing happened though. I've been asking for a Ninja Foodie for ages now. This morning, one turned up at our doorstep. Maybe I should order out more often and husband will buy me more kitchen tools. 😈 Now I have to watch Ninja Foodie videos.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm not sure this belongs here. Or anywhere.

What does saying that I think my husband would like this say about my family? Edited to say that I personally prefer the burrito blankey 🤔

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not even sure where to put this but ... enjoy.