Nobody cares about food.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Seven. I have tried most of them at least once.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Seven as well.
When it comes out of the sea, an ocean or a river, count me out. My mom always told me that I have been very sick at the age of four after eating fish, and since then I always refused to eat seafood. Now it is a habit, although I must say salmon looks very tasty. But I never come to it to try.
And no escargot please.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Brains are the only thing I would be reluctant to try only because they look so unappetizing. If someone were to serve it to me then I guess I would, but I’m not choosing it out of a menu.

Out of that list, there isn’t even one I just simply tolerate. They’re all tasty to me.

There are some foods I choose to not eat, like fois gras, for ethical reasons, but they’re not on the list. Maybe Nutella...

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Isn’t that what picky means?
Picky means "fastidious," fussy or choosy, and the definition is not what I have a problem with.

Let me put it this way: If you can't eat nuts due to an allergy, are you being picky?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If I don't count the two things that I can't eat (oysters and raw fish, which I used to love) then I'm at just one, which is liver. The smell to me is so bad that I can't actually get it into my mouth. Organ meat has been a problem for me since I was a kid. I just can't stand the smell. My Aunt used to make brains and eggs for breakfast a lot and it smelled good cooking but when I chewed, it had a funky smell that I could just not get past.

Rose Karuna

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'm making minestrone soup tonight. I have lots of small amounts of fresh vegetables left and some spinach and fresh basil from my garden so it looked like a good fit. Also drop biscuits, mostly because I'm too lazy to roll them and cut them out.

• 1Like

Rose Karuna

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Got some salmon on sale today so I'm smoking it in the smoker and that's what I'm having for dinner tonight. (It smells SO good). Husband does not eat fish so he's getting a frozen chicken kiev, baked potato and various veggies from the garden. The salmon and veggies are sufficient for me.

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
The only thing I haven't eaten yet from that list are snails and oysters. I'd try them, tho. I already ate noodles made partialy with worm-flour.
My boyfriend and I'll try making Andong JjimDak when I'll be over for my birthday. Already super exited for it - he ate it when he was in Korea and liked it a lot. It's braised chicken with glassnoodles and spicy. I cannot handle spicy too well, so we may need to adjust. And I hope we'll find the brown sugar. For some odd reason, we don't seem to have the same type of brown sugar americans, koreans, and propably the rest of the world uses. (the slightly wet dark brown sugar). We have a german word for it, but well, not even the real big supermarket here has it. Just lightbrown cane sugar they advertise as brown sugar.
Also, I know you can make it yourself with regular sugar and molasses.. guess what I also never where able to find! :D

Isabeau

Merdeuse
The only thing I haven't eaten yet from that list are snails and oysters. I'd try them, tho. I already ate noodles made partialy with worm-flour.
My boyfriend and I'll try making Andong JjimDak when I'll be over for my birthday. Already super exited for it - he ate it when he was in Korea and liked it a lot. It's braised chicken with glassnoodles and spicy. I cannot handle spicy too well, so we may need to adjust. And I hope we'll find the brown sugar. For some odd reason, we don't seem to have the same type of brown sugar americans, koreans, and propably the rest of the world uses. (the slightly wet dark brown sugar). We have a german word for it, but well, not even the real big supermarket here has it. Just lightbrown cane sugar they advertise as brown sugar.
Also, I know you can make it yourself with regular sugar and molasses.. guess what I also never where able to find! :D
I think you probably have golden cane sugar or similar. Don’t worry about it, works just as well.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sukubia Scarmon

Sukubia Scarmon

SL Rez
I think you probably have golden cane sugar or similar. Don’t worry about it, works just as well.
That's what it is, yep! Good to know, if we won't find it, then we'll just use that, and I can stop stressing out about it. Thanks!

• 1Hug

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Zero for me. Opposite of picky? No standards? 🙃

There was only one thing on that list I would never eat: Oysters. And that's because of a traumatic experience I had with fried clams as a kid, and I had sworn off clams AND oysters. Everything else on that list I'd eat. Spend 20 years in the Navy, you'll eat pretty much anything that isn't nailed down.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Should I eat a bowl of Cheerios or be reasonable and just go to bed?

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Sid