Trump's border wall looks more like a fence

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
He’s probably going to pocket as much of the money as he thinks he can get away with.
I've always felt that he had 3 goals out of becoming president: Unquestioned authority, absolute power, additional wealth. He was too ignorant to be aware that he would not gain the first two but he's probably right about #3.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I've always felt that he had 3 goals out of becoming president: Unquestioned authority, absolute power, additional wealth. He was too ignorant to be aware that he would not gain the first two but he's probably right about #3.
Well, anything above his current status of 0 is additional. Even though it is illegal, the first family does not even get their food for free.

He does not like that statement? If only there were a good way to disprove it .......

Porsupah Ree

Shy bunny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
A detailed takedown of the whole concept, from someone with a background in such engineering:

A project engineer's view of Trump's wall

To recap: I’m a licensed structural and civil engineer with a MS in structural engineering from the top program in the nation and over a decade of experience on high-performance projects, and particularly of cleaning up design disasters where the factors weren’t properly accounted for, and I’m an adjunct professor of structural analysis and design at UH-Downtown. I have previously been deposed as an expert witness in matters regarding proper construction of walls and the various factors associated therein, and my testimony has passed Daubert.

Am I a wall expert? I am. I am literally a court-accepted expert on walls.

Vitolo Rossini

The Dogfather
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
A detailed takedown of the whole concept, from someone with a background in such engineering:

I live in Tucson AZ.... and see Nogales across a road... does not appear "Wall-Qualified" to me!
A "prop" disguised as a fence, dressed in wall clothing (with media hype to support wall-ness), in my opinion.
I have been on the border for 40+ years......
I see no economy drain, or burdens on society.
I see less trouble due to border proximity than I ever have (having lived in border towns for an adult lifetime).
I feel like drawing attention to the wall is "smoke and mirrors" to take Citizens minds off of a greater agenda.
I am not a conspiracy theorist, and never before have posted anything RL related (being an "SL Guy")
but this is all subterfuge in my heart ...presented to distract us from more "real shit".
Trump can go tomorrow in any manner, and I would be fine with that!
** Damn.. I hate having to feel the urge to make ANY RL political commentary..... but I am now in the group identified as the "Hell in a Handbasket" believers.

danielravennest

SLU Posts

She made me think of an improvement to my 32 foot extension ladder to climb the wall. Carry up one of these 3 story fire escape ladders, hook it to the top of the wall, and climb down the other side. Total equipment fits in a pickup truck with a ladder rack, with room for 6 passengers, no problem

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
America will cease to exist as we know it? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Long before the election in 2016 I feared that Trump would win. Since I began to see how terrible he really is I've been hoping it will all lead to the revolution that I've been waiting for since the 70's. I hope it's non-violent and I hope things don't tip the other way.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Long before the election in 2016 I feared that Trump would win. Since I began to see how terrible he really is I've been hoping it will all lead to the revolution that I've been waiting for since the 70's. I hope it's non-violent and I hope things don't tip the other way.
The amusing thing is NH (and maybe others?) has the right to revolution in their state bill of rights. It is generally understood to be a nonviolent overthrow but I wonder if that has ever been tested.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
All it takes is millions showing up. Maybe the 105 million who couldn't be arsed to vote in 2016.
2016–18 South Korean protests - Wikipedia