Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
That 'adam ruins everything' clip was the wrong one, here is a longer one which also goes into why a wall would keep people in:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
This is really pretty amazing:

Free

FIGHT FORUM AVATAR OPPRESSION
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Sep 23, 2018
I keep thinking the wall is a stupid idea, but if they're going to do it - they should do it right, so some day it could become a cool tourist destination like The Great Wall or Hadrian's wall. To me that would be about the only upside of this.

We also heard they were thinking of selling some kind of specially minted collectable coin to raise money for the wall. I think a lot of Trump's supporters would rush out and buy such a thing, but who would buy it after? It's be stigmatized.

Kara Spengler

Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I keep thinking the wall is a stupid idea, but if they're going to do it - they should do it right, so some day it could become a cool tourist destination like The Great Wall or Hadrian's wall. To me that would be about the only upside of this.

We also heard they were thinking of selling some kind of specially minted collectable coin to raise money for the wall. I think a lot of Trump's supporters would rush out and buy such a thing, but who would buy it after? It's be stigmatized.
They would just pass it down like family heirlooms. Which I am guessing is what they do with confederacy stuff that museums do not want?

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Sep 19, 2018
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Which I am guessing is what they do with confederacy stuff that museums do not want?
No such thing. Verified Confederacy stuff is worth loads of money. There is of course lots of old stuff that people try to connect to the War of the Rebellion that isn't authentic, and lots of stuff that was made later mostly as commemorative that is worthless.

When I was a curator at a museum in the former Confederacy, many people would bring in Confederate Money for me to identify. I usually told them two things: first, even the cheap paper used in centennial reprints was better than the stuff the Confederacy had to print money on, and second the word "copy" did not appear on the original bills (while pointing to the lower right corner of the back of their family heirloom).

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
SLU Posts
I keep thinking the wall is a stupid idea, but if they're going to do it - they should do it right, so some day it could become a cool tourist destination like The Great Wall or Hadrian's wall. To me that would be about the only upside of this..
That's probably its main attraction to Individual 1 -- the idea that, hundreds or even thousands of years hence, people will still be visiting and admiring The Great Wall of Trump.

If it ever gets built, it wouldn't surprise me if the contract stipulates memorial plaques every mile or so, commemorating the man responsible for its building.

Kara Spengler

Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
No such thing. Verified Confederacy stuff is worth loads of money. There is of course lots of old stuff that people try to connect to the War of the Rebellion that isn't authentic, and lots of stuff that was made later mostly as commemorative that is worthless.

When I was a curator at a museum in the former Confederacy, many people would bring in Confederate Money for me to identify. I usually told them two things: first, even the cheap paper used in centennial reprints was better than the stuff the Confederacy had to print money on, and second the word "copy" did not appear on the original bills (while pointing to the lower right corner of the back of their family heirloom).
Sorry, I meant the neuvo "confederacy" stuff you see. Flags with "made in Japan" tags, battle recreation outfits, that stuff. Things people into it would prize but any serious historical place would laugh at.

Kara Spengler

Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
That's probably its main attraction to Individual 1 -- the idea that, hundreds or even thousands of years hence, people will still be visiting and admiring The Great Wall of Trump.

If it ever gets built, it wouldn't surprise me if the contract stipulates memorial plaques every mile or so, commemorating the man responsible for its building.
I bet that if Pelosi guarantees the funds with her name on the plaque he will reject the offer. We both seem to agree that he just wants a monument to his ego rather than something effective.

Sep 21, 2018
OK, now this bit is funny...

Read the responses. Giggling about the Lt. Gov's name being Dan after the Forrest Trump hashtag a bonus.

Last edited:

Free

FIGHT FORUM AVATAR OPPRESSION
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts