Trump's border wall looks more like a fence

Jopsy Pendragon

Nature: You break it? You 'buy it'.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Before watching that ... I thought the sounds of Trump's voice couldn't make me feel any more nauseated... boy was I wrong.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Brenda Archer

danielravennest

SLU Posts

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
The vote sets up the legal question that Congress (or at least the House) can use as the basis for a lawsuit: Is allowing the President to spend funds by not overriding an emergency sufficient to meet the Constitution's requirement that Congress must approve all spending? In this unprecedented use of the law, effectively a past Congress has set up a mechanism to allow spending that this Congress would have to negate by a veto-proof margin without knowing when it was created what that spending would be. That works well with the various committees that have asked a number of officials if they believe that immigration constitutes a threat or emergency.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Hah, and I was only joking when I said "wonder when the tweakers are going to steal bits of it and sell to recyclers"
Truth really is stranger than fiction these days.

It's easy to fix though. All they need to do, is build a second wall to keep people away from the wall. No, wait. They need to build two extra walls, one on each side because it turns out some proper mericans are unaptriotic enough to steal the wall too.