WTF Mask rage

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Have you noticed how much crazy shit like this people are doing lately? It can't all be just about something as simple as actually wearing a damn mask can it?

I'm wondering whether or not there is some mental illness associated with COVID or something? I just can't wrap my brain around how much crazy has been out there. It's happening with people standing in line for vaccines, at stores, at restaurants, at the farmers market, on airplanes, on busses, everywhere. It's not just mask rage either, it's like the smallest issue can trigger them.

At first I thought it was just that social media was there to capture the crazy but I've recently seen some of these melt downs with my own eyes. It's like so many adults have forgotten that they are actually adults and have reverted back to the toddler stage where they lay on the floor and scream until they get what they want. 🦇💩😵

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Have you noticed how much crazy shit like this people are doing lately? It can't all be just about something as simple as actually wearing a damn mask can it?

I'm wondering whether or not there is some mental illness associated with COVID or something? I just can't wrap my brain around how much crazy has been out there. It's happening with people standing in line for vaccines, at stores, at restaurants, at the farmers market, on airplanes, on busses, everywhere. It's not just mask rage either, it's like the smallest issue can trigger them.

At first I thought it was just that social media was there to capture the crazy but I've recently seen some of these melt downs with my own eyes. It's like so many adults have forgotten that they are actually adults and have reverted back to the toddler stage where they lay on the floor and scream until they get what they want. 🦇💩😵
I don't think it's COVID, I think they have Fox News on the brain. Or maybe OAN.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
they are in denial of covid and they Simply can't process it. It's too complex or deep for them. They dont like someone else telling them what to do. they don't feel in control of their life and it makes them upset. ( or maybe they do understand and it's jsut so much stress they snapped and have burned out)

They do not see the benefit of doing something for the greater good. they only see the terms of thier comfort and safety. Its likely they have deep insecurities that could of come from a previous experience that they hold on well into adult hood. The pandemic has really shown how messed up people really are and how many are trapped in thier own world.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
If she had thrown something at me like she did that black lady, she would not have simply walked out the door. I would have already been angry with the comparison to segregation. The second she threw something at me, I would have been on my feet and heading right at her. Once, while working behind the counter at SA, I had to card someone for cigarettes or alcohol, I forget which. They picked up a large, heavy coin container and threw it at me, hitting me in the head, then ran for the door. Without even thinking about it, I chucked it right back at her and my aim was spot on. I know calmer heads are desired in such situations, but sometimes instinct just takes over.

The restraint that the woman showed in not doing so is remarkable, to me.

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
If she had thrown something at me like she did that black lady, she would not have simply walked out the door. I would have already been angry with the comparison to segregation. The second she threw something at me, I would have been on my feet and heading right at her. The restraint that the woman showed in not doing so is remarkable, to me.
I think if I'd been there observing, that I would have jumped - been in situations like that before, where if it had come to that I would have.

Jopsy Pendragon

Democracy was a nice experiment while it lasted.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I don't think it's COVID, I think they have Fox News on the brain. Or maybe OAN.
Trump lowered the bar for 'acceptable public behavior' so far that people feel -righteous- emulating his infantile ego-fueled tantrums.

I'm surprised that more of these don't make it on to social media every day.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I really don't think "What are you doing to do, arrest me?" is a smart question to ask of a police officer anywhere, and certainly not somewhere like Texas, from what I've heard of the place.

She's baa-ack!

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Stress, maybe, after a year of the pandemic and all the political upheavals? And I suspect if someone belongs to a particular sort of evangelical/charismatic church, then bizarre behaviour in public probably comes rather more naturally it does to most people.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Stress, maybe, after a year of the pandemic and all the political upheavals? And I suspect if someone belongs to a particular sort of evangelical/charismatic church, then bizarre behaviour in public probably comes rather more naturally it does to most people.
That's part of it, I'm sure. But a lot of these people have been behaving this way since the pandemic first got ramped up.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
That's part of it, I'm sure. But a lot of these people have been behaving this way since the pandemic first got ramped up.
Or before. Like my older local cousin was already showing signs of going Q-ward a year or more.

It started before 2016, and it started before 2008 - but those are milestones.

It can be linked to things like going into a doctor's office and passively listening to a TV set to Foe 'news', or even reputable US TV 'news' run by only a few companies...

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Over a year into the pandemic, we’ve seen a wide variety of masks, from totally unsafe fashion pieces, to RGB nightmares, not to mention a bunch of other stylish options. But if you think you might have an idea for a better mask that more people might want to wear, the US government’s Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) has announced a competition to design “the next generation of masks” — with a potential $500,000 total prize waiting for the winners.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

I have to admit, this speaks to the (very) small hipster part of my brain. Now, does it come in a selection of colors...

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I am waiting for Razer to announce pricing and availability of their hipster face mask. While a part of me likes the RGB lights, the Lecturer in me likes that it is transparent with inside lighting so people can read lips and expressions and it has built-in amplification.

• 1lolwut?
  • 1Useful
Reactions: Govi and Tirellia