Coup in the USA?

Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
6,768
Location
NJ suburb of Philadelphia
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
4494
The guy who made the post saying that Parler's database was compromised admitted it was bs. So what was retrieved from Parler was all publically available, 50 to 70 terabytes of it.
I know! I was actually agreeing but was thinking 363kg gorilla!
You're playing with fire spewing that metric shit around.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
The guy who made the post saying that Parler's database was compromised admitted it was bs. So what was retrieved from Parler was all publically available, 50 to 70 terabytes of it.


You're playing with fire spewing that metric shit around.
From one of the people involved in retrieving and uploading the cache

 

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,204
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
We need some kind of Glass-Steagall act for media companies. "You can do 'news' or you can do 'opinion' but you can't do both."

Fox media has aided and abetted domestic terrorists and seditionists, they deserve to be ended.
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
I'm furious they are feeding that special snowflake a special diet, not because of health reasons. I went to jail [overnight] and I'm pretty sure if I'd refused food, they would have just let me starve. And I went because of a misdemeanor check charge, not insurrection.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,484
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
I'm furious they are feeding that special snowflake a special diet, not because of health reasons. I went to jail [overnight] and I'm pretty sure if I'd refused food, they would have just let me starve. And I went because of a misdemeanor check charge, not insurrection.
Bad cases make bad law.

He is a whiny entitled snowflake. But he is appealing to the same regulations that cover other religious diets such as hallel, kosher, and vegan.

So letting him have his shamen diet is part of keeping a more humane system.
 

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
Bad cases make bad law.

He is a whiny entitled snowflake. But he is appealing to the same regulations that cover other religious diets such as hallel, kosher, and vegan.

So letting him have his shamen diet is part of keeping a more humane system.
Yes, and if it was applied to non-fascist assholes, I'd be fine with it, but somehow I just feel it wouldn't be.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
"Not wise... bad judgment"


Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!
Shades of the prison-house begin to close
Upon the growing Boy,
But he beholds the light, and whence it flows,
He sees it in his joy;
The Youth, who daily farther from the east
Must travel, still is Nature's priest,
And by the vision splendid
Is on his way attended;
At length the Man perceives it die away,
And fade into the light of common day.
 

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
Carter issued a blanket pardon for specific offenses. He did not give those who had committed crimes other than fleeing to Canada a pardon for any other unrelated crimes. He pardoned a group of people, who had to come back and admit to the crime (the FBI knew who most of them were anyway) in order to receive a pardon. It wasn't "Ollie Ollie In Free!"

A person receiving a pardon must generally admit to the crime for which they are being pardoned. No court ever tested Nixon's so-called blanket pardon, so we still do not know if that was constitutional. Almost all constitutional scholars and lawyers say that a "self-pardon" would not be within the meaning of the term "pardon" when the constitution was written and that giving the executive the power to pardon himself would be ridiculous when they had just had a war to get rid of an unchecked autocratic king. I very much agree with this. If Trump pardons himself, count on us testing that all the way to SCOTUS.
Actually I was intending the blanket pardon for the insurrectionists. Unless I'm mistaken, and I hope I am, he could still pardon all of those who have been arrested.
 

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,484
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
Yes, and if it was applied to non-fascist assholes, I'd be fine with it, but somehow I just feel it wouldn't be.
There is a long case history involving hallel and kosher diets in prison. They may not like applying it, but courts enforce it.

eta: I hope he sends a nice thank-you card to the ACLU and Nation of Islam for protecting his religious freedom.
 
Last edited:

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065

This whole thing is like "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon", but with shit instead of bacon.

Trump is shit. The people voting for him are shit. The people defending those people are shit. It just goes on and on.
 

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
Meanwhile, in Washington, right-wing protestors have broken into the capitol building.

If a group of black men had done this, they would have been mowed down by the police. But white guys gets a pass, apparently, in mounting a violent coup.
just before this i was on facebook and someone down there was saying the police were letting the maggots in