October 2009
SLU Posts

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
It's an antiviral, who TF told her it was a vaccine? That poor kid.
Tamiflu(TM) may not be all that effective as an anti-viral: https://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g2545 There have been allegations that the data that has been touted by the company that makes the drug has not been appropriately vetted. Third party studies such as the one linked indicate that the drug can reduce the length of time that people endure flu symptoms, but it may not make much of a difference in terms of hospitalization rates.

I dislike anti-vaxxers as much as the next person, but this may not be the best hill to take a stand on. This is a better example of what is wrong with the pharmaceutical industry and how some practices can erode trust.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Tamiflu(TM) may not be all that effective as an anti-viral: https://www.bmj.com/content/348/bmj.g2545 There have been allegations that the data that has been touted by the company that makes the drug has not been appropriately vetted. Third party studies such as the one linked indicate that the drug can reduce the length of time that people endure flu symptoms, but it may not make much of a difference in terms of hospitalization rates.

I dislike anti-vaxxers as much as the next person, but this may not be the best hill to take a stand on. This is a better example of what is wrong with the pharmaceutical industry and how some practices can erode trust.
Perhaps, but my brother, who is a doctor, thought it was a good enough thing to have handy that he ordered it for our mom one year there was a bad flu strain the vaccine didn't account for. Thankfully she didn't need it, but if any of us had, we'd have taken it for whatever good it could do. Why turn your nose up at anything that could help?

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
This is the clearest short description of the bullying in the aftermath that I’ve ever seen.

It’s so totally soul crushing to go through violence, especially as a child, and then get the message most people don’t care or blame you. You can wind up thinking you don’t deserve to live. And that’s the message this girl got before she attempted suicide.

After all, if you suffer so much obvious violence and people treat it like a joke? Do they even think you’re still human?

The insight from the father’s friend who was bullied is true too. If someone is getting bullied and the bystanders say nothing, the one who is getting bullied thinks everyone supports it.

How can it be right for a random criminal to single someone out randomly, then their community sides with the criminal in destroying the victim? But this shows us who really has the power in many people’s minds. Evidently destroying a young girl is okay to them. Just for once, I’d like to know, what the hell do they want? Any kid could have been picked off randomly for this crime.

But if you retreat from bullying now you’re the troublemaker. If you fight back you’re a Bad Person who deserves it. Nobody wants to admit there’s a crime even when someone shows up who has been stabbed.

Society really hates women and children and abuse victims. I will always think society is the abuser.

And of course if after the aftermath bullying you don’t trust people now something is wrong with you - the effects on the victim get blamed on the victim. The medical machine is in on the victim blaming, too.

This really is a society where some people are human, and others are not. Then they wonder why I don’t want to be their friend, after I see them victim blaming. I wonder if I’m a human to them, too.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
What would be wrong with "hoarding" something you know you'll be needing for years to come?

Fucking pussy grabbing party. I'm trying to imagine a politician saying this here, and I can't. Not without some major crowd of angry women following him around afterwards, chucking used tampons at his ugly little head.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez