WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Zaida Gearbox

I lived in Florida for 6 months when I was pregnant with Spawn and when he was new born. My dad lived there. My step-mother and sisters still do live there, so I am a regular visitor to the sunshine state.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Bit of context for that last:

Junction City McDonald’s investigating ‘f***ing pig’ written on cop’s coffee

Herington Police Chief Brian Hornaday said on Saturday that a Herington Police officer went to the McDonald’s at 1127 South Washington Street on his way to work. He ordered a coffee and discovered that someone had written ‘f***ing pig’ on the side of it.

Hornaday said when the writing was brought to the attention of management at the McDonald’s, they offered the officer a free lunch.

In a statement, Chief Hornaday said the officer has worked in law enforcement for five years serving as a Military Police Officer in the United States Army. He’s worked at the Herington Police Department for only two months.

A general manager at this McDonald’s told KSNT News, “We take this matter very seriously and are investigating it right now.”
Police Chief Hornaday did not make those statements to the news station, though; he made them in a (now deleted) Facebook post:

The Facebook post, as you would expect, resulted in a deluge of angry phone calls and threats to that McDonald's and its staff.

But then, oops, McDonald's restaurants have cameras watching the whole front counter area and since the police chief included an image of the time-stamped receipt on his Facebook post, they were able to find the precise order and their video proves no employee wrote anything on the cup or receipt before it was handed to the cop.

So the cop who faked the hate-message doesn't have a job anymore:

“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said. “I truly hope that the former officer of the Herington Police Department that did this, I hope he understands the magnitude of the black eye that this gives the law enforcement profession from coast to coast. None of us can be excluded from that.”

The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke.
When it was a real was so super-important that everyone know what happened that the police chief himself made a post on Facebook saying "please share!" but now that it's just a joke bro, the cop whose idea it was will be allowed to quietly get a job the next town over without being recognized so he can bully innocent people there instead, and the police chief who was blatantly angling to get some innocent person fired is of course a victim just like McDonald's, no need for consequences there or anything.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I came across this down a Twitter rabbit hole today:

I don't know if the Reddit poster is for real or not, but if he is, that's really fucked up.
Also medical malpractice insurance and maybe murder.
Also stupid. He thinks killing off boomers will solve anything? There are a distressing number of younger MAGAts out there. Probably more of them than boomers.
Again, I don't know if the guy on Reddit is for real, but, damn.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez

I don't know if the Reddit poster is for real or not, but if he is, that's really fucked up.
Also stupid. He thinks killing off boomers will solve anything? There are a distressing number of younger MAGAts out there. Probably more of them than boomers.
I doubt it's real, but if some weirdo now shoots nurses it's on them.

• 1Scared
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Holy crap that's disturbing.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts