WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

They are saying the quiet bits in their heads out loud. I iwonder if that bit about being able to go anywhere has anything to do with sundown activities.

In a candidate forum with the South Carolina Senate race contenders, Senator Lindsey Graham has said he did not believe there was systemic racism in his state, insisting young black people would be safe, "as long as they're conservative."
"I am asking every African-American out there, look at my record," he said, referring to how he supported historically black colleges and universities. "I care about everybody, if you are a young African-American, an immigrant, you can go anywhere in this state, you just need to be conservative not liberal."

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Officers responded to the intersection around 7:25 a.m. for a collision involving a bicyclist and vehicle.

After initial observations by the Fatal unit, the case was handed over to LVMPD's homicide section.

Investigators learned several vehicles were traveling southbound on Hollywood towards Sahara, which appeared to be racing and driving recklessly.

A passenger of a minivan was hanging halfway out of the vehicle approaching two pedestrians walking on the sidewalk.

The passenger attempted to hit the pedestrians as they drove by but missed them. However, as the minivan continued to travel, it approached a bicyclist. The passenger hanging out of the vehicle struck the bicyclist, knocking her to the ground and killing her.

At the same time, the passenger fell out of the vehicle, struck his head on a light post and also died.

"Senseless is an understatement," said Lt. Raymond Spencer. "You have a woman who was out riding her bicycle and they pull up next to her and strike her, causing her to die. It's an absolute senseless act. There's no reason behind this that I can tell you why it occurred, other than complete stupidity."
Police are still looking for the van and its driver.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Tennessee state Sen. Joey Hensley (R) is under investigation by a medical review board for providing opioids to family members, one of which was his second cousin — who also happened to be his lover, the Tennessean reports.

Hensley, an anti-LGBT ideologue who wrote his state’s infamous “Don’t Say Gay” bill, admits that he prescribed drugs for his relatives, but says he’s the only doctor in town.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Yeah I mean those are pretty clearly meant to just be street vehicles though, not like protective bubbles. Cuz you look on the sidewalk and there's a throng of un-bubbled people there.

Remember that "The Jetsons" first aired in 1962, the same year this was painted. It was just the thing at the time that their idea of transportation in the future was "everything in glass bubbles".

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Not the hats, certainly, but the guy on the left wouldn't be out of place today, I think.
Missing the 60' style suits and the fur stole on the woman. But sure, leather jacket dude is not too Fonzie-like.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
There is an article about that picture here. (In Chrome I right click the page and choose translate)

They say it was made in 1962 but

There is no indication anywhere that this picture should show the year 2022. The picture shows an unspecified possible future without a specific time.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka