Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I laughed at this comment and now I feel bad

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Non-Brexit, non-Covid British cock-up for once.

The army denied that Sir Mark was lost. It conceded that his Wildcat did not land in the predesignated area during the final stop on his visit as he was transferred between brigades.
Evernote link because paywall

Govi

feral ballerina
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Talk about bad luck for that bakery! They were celebrating their grand opening.

Article: Video: Parking Spot Brawl Escalates Into Road Rage Assault, Injuring Four And Wrecking A Bakery
From the article
For some Queens parking devotees, the motorist-on-motorist violence is just a preview of the NIMBY backlash expected under a citywide plan to to install a .3 mile busway along the clogged corridor between Northern Boulevard and Sanford Avenue.

"What happened yesterday is a little appetizer of what’s going to happen, but even worse," Andy Chen, a driver and activist with Asian American Community Empowerment, told Gothamist. "The [Department of Transportation] and Mayor’s Office bears responsibility for what actually happened."

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Thanks, I saw that. At the same time, I don't think arguments, exceptional violence of this particular case excepted, about parking spots is very uncommon in NYC no matter the specific location.

No, I don't think the Mayor's officeor or DOT bears responsibility for the actions of a violent populace willing to get out of their cars, beat each other with objects and eventually drive into people. People piss and moan every time transit inconveniences them in our culture of the car, and that is what this is, having to find a different parking spot is an inconvenience, not worthy of that which we saw. The responsibility lies upon the people that participated.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Thanks, I saw that. At the same time, I don't think arguments, exceptional violence of this particular case excepted, about parking spots is very uncommon in NYC no matter the specific location.

No, I don't think the Mayor's officeor or DOT bears responsibility for the actions of a violent populace willing to get out of their cars, beat each other with objects and eventually drive into people. People piss and moan every time transit inconveniences them in our culture of the car, and that is what this is, having to find a different parking spot is an inconvenience, not worthy of that which we saw. The responsibility lies upon the people that participated.
Of course the responsibility for the fights is on the participants, but if -- and I don't know whether it's true or not, of course -- the shortage of parking spaces in a particular area is already known to cause inconvenience for motorists and fights over parking spaces, that needs to recognised, I'd have thought, when considering any scheme that's likely to exacerbate the problem.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Of course the responsibility for the fights is on the participants, but if -- and I don't know whether it's true or not, of course -- the shortage of parking spaces in a particular area is already known to cause inconvenience for motorists and fights over parking spaces, that needs to recognised, I'd have thought, when considering any scheme that's likely to exacerbate the problem.
Sure, but there is another aspect to consider, as well. What of the people who rely upon transit (usually the poor)? Their needs are less important? They shouldn't have access to transit because people don't want to walk a block? Are the transit riders beating each other up because they have to walk multiple blocks to get to the bus? That's usually the case for many who ride transit, a multi-block walk.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Sure, but there is another aspect to consider, as well. What of the people who rely upon transit (usually the poor)? Their needs are less important? They shouldn't have access to transit because people don't want to walk a block? Are the transit riders beating each other up because they have to walk multiple blocks to get to the bus? That's usually the case for many who ride transit, a multi-block walk.
If it's the case that people will readily be able to switch from cars to public transport under the new scheme, then that solves the problem, of course.

If, however, that is not the case, then the problem remains, and so will its consequences. I don't know anything about the scheme or its possible effects for the different stakeholders, so I have no way of knowing if that's an issue.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
White woman with taser to black neighbors: "Act like white people in this white neighborhood"

Surveillance camera footage and a mobile phone video, filmed by a member of the Jones family, show Ms Dean waving a taser in her left hand and carrying her dog in her right hand, complaining on Geritt Jones’s doorstep about their dog attacking hers.

As the argument becomes heated, Mr Jones can be heard asking Ms Dean to leave his property. She responds telling him: "You are a black person in a white neighbourhood and you are acting like one”, suggesting they instead act like “a white person in a white neighbourhood”.

Informed that she is being filmed, Ms Dean says “I don’t give a s***”, adding that the Joneses are “acting like people who aren’t normal”. “You know what? You guys are acting like Black people and you should act like white people,” she says.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
You know what? You guys are acting like Black people and you should act like white people
They should have beaten her for daring to speak to them, and then shot her for coming on their property.

That should be white enough for her.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Srsly wth is happening to Republicans' bodies lately

In his case I think his hairstylist used a temporary brush in color to cover his grey to match his other hair (Maybe he hasn't been to his real colorist in a while), and under the hot lights, he sweated, causing it to drip like that.