Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Since, though, he seems through his stupidity to have rendered himself incapable of reproduction, I'm wondering if that's an issue here.
Oh yeah! I didn't really think it all the way through. I believe you have a good point. In fact now that I think about it I would give him the award.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Full story here (Evernote link because Times £wall).
link is empty for me except for title. but i found it somewhere else. it's like no one can figure out if you belong or not, like your a bastard color that shouldn't exist.. its pretty messed up.

My great grand father on my fathers side is Albino White german but on my moms side i have African and my mom described a women as " a shade blacker then a black telephone" mixed family traits can vanish and come back later. sometimes thy can go dormant for generations. There are articles you can find of white couples having a black baby or vice versa.

legally i have to put black cause immigration services eventually based it off my curly short hair when i was a child.... my skin tone is very similar to his. i can't grow a full afro but i still burn like a white person . Mixed or Other is not an option on some official forms.. the system is flawed cause not everyone can agree what constitutes as being black. i could easily and legally take advantage of services offered to POC. We could spend an entire thread discussing this but he was awarded to him and they stand by it. Until they figure it out it will just be another loophole.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
link is empty for me except for title. but i found it somewhere else. it's like no one can figure out if you belong or not, like your a bastard color that shouldn't exist.. its pretty messed up.
I think I've fixed the link now.

He doesn't seem to have made any attempt to conceal his background -- on the contrary, he's written about it. From the little I've read elsewhere, opinion among Black British actors seems pretty mixed. I'm wondering a bit how he phrased his grant applications -- I hope he was completely open about his rather unusual circumstances when he applied for the money, and left it up to the awards committees to make up their minds. It seems that he was:

He told an audience in 2012: “Although I’m white, with white parents, I have gone through the struggles of a black man, a black actor.”

Lennon’s residential traineeship is part of the Artistic Director Leadership Programme (ADLP) to help Bame creatives. Arts Council England provided a £406,500 grant to a consortium of theatres to “deliver a comprehensive programme of talent development for future Bame leaders”.

Lennon started as trainee artistic director at Talawa, a black-led theatre company in Shoreditch, east London. The scheme was advertised as “open to people of colour”. Lennon applied as a “mixed heritage individual”.

One black actor said: “When I discovered his background I thought it was unfair that a white man had taken a black person’s place on a Bame scheme.”
The consortium that awarded the funding said: “We received 113 applications . . . and 29 were appointed to the ADLP. Talawa were satisfied Anthony was eligible for the opportunity as a result of a relationship with him over a number years, in which he has identified as a mixed-heritage individual.”

Arts Council England said: “Talawa raised their wish to support Anthony with us. In responding we took into account the law in relation to race and ethnicity. This is a very unusual case and we do not think it undermines the support we provide to black and minority ethnic people within the theatre sector.”

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Gab Is Back, And As Full Of Hate Speech As Ever
The site was dropped by hosting provider GoDaddy.com last weekend after the man accused of killing 11 people in a Pittsburgh synagogue was discovered to have an active account full of threatening, demeaning posts about Jews.

But Epik agreed to take over as the site’s host, as Gab announced in a triumphant Sunday tweet.

“Here is our press release to the media: You failed,” the tweet read.
They announced the return of their Twitter competitor on Twitter. The media may have failed, but you're hardly winning.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Five men arrested over Grenfell Tower model bonfire video

Grenfell bonfire video: police search house as five men questioned

Briefly, yesterday a video circulated, originally on Whatsapp, showing a Guy Fawkes Night party in which a model of Grenfell Tower was burned, complete with mocking comments from 5 men at the party. The men have now handed themselves in to the police in London.

I'm not sure what the appropriate charges are -- the Public Order Act has been mentioned, and there may be some relating to distributing the offensive video, too.

Neither am I sure what I make of this -- obviously the whole thing was vile but, if it was at a private bonfire party in someone's backyard and none of the neighbours were affected, I'm not sure it should be a matter for the courts. Publishing the video is a separate issue, but I'm not sure that simply being one the creeps who appears in the video should be a criminal matter.

ETA: The Times reports that there's some scepticism about whether they've committed an offence or not -- I'm not at all sure their conduct, disgraceful though it is, comes anywhere near what the prosecution would have to prove for a conviction under the section of the Public Order Act for which they've been arrested.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
So, apparently this happened last spring, and just recently began making its rounds on social media:

High school boys give Nazi salute in Prom photo

Yet another example of how Trump is normalizing white supremacy.
I read an apocryphal story that the kid on the right end of the top row, who is not saluting and looks uncomfortable, has publicly identified himself and said that his refusal to go along with this "joke" and others of a similar character, gets him regularly bullied in school.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I read an apocryphal story that the kid on the right end of the top row, who is not saluting and looks uncomfortable, has publicly identified himself and said that his refusal to go along with this "joke" and others of a similar character, gets him regularly bullied in school.
I don''t know if the story is apocryphal: