WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
That headline is a blatant lie. Blatant, even for CNN.

Second paragraph:

He had been in line for a chicken sandwich when he and another man got into an argument, which spilled onto the street, Donelan said. Police believe the argument began over someone cutting in line.
Nobody even had chicken sandwiches yet. Someone was stabbed to death over line-cutting.

More importantly IMO, someone was stabbed to death over entitlement - the sense of entitlement that led a person to cut in line partially, but mostly the sense of entitlement borne of having a place in a line at a restaurant that is so profound it leads one to think someone who disrespects it by cutting in line literally deserves to die for the outrage.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Guardian's Sirin Kale attends a course for pick-up artists at an upmarket Mayfair hotel:

I have to wonder whether the two students, "Mike" and "Raj" (not their real names, apparently) did not think that the course organiser's decision to allow a Guardian reporter to attend the event should ring a few alarm bells.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Sooooo....

Also there are a couple of follow-ups to that tweet but honestly you may not want to read them.
I see Mr Martin's twitter bio, which your screenshots reproduce, include the information he sued the LSE for gender bias against men.

Here's what happened:

Romana

SL Rez
I see Mr Martin's twitter bio, which your screenshots reproduce, include the information he sued the LSE for gender bias against men.

Here's what happened:

Huh. I thought men sat on their behinds, like everyone else. I didn't know they sat on their balls or their dicks.
Whaddya know, lol.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009

Here's what happened:

And hey, ladies, he's single! Anyone surprised by this?

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Yeah, guitarists like myself trend to think of Marr refueling separately, but the general public thinks of the Smiths I guess. He's done so much more than that.
Some of the best work by Modest Mouse has him on guitar.

• 1Like
Reactions: Romana

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Huh. I thought men sat on their behinds, like everyone else. I didn't know they sat on their balls or their dicks.
Whaddya know, lol.
Well that's pretty new to me too and I'm a guy. Maybe I've been doing it wrong my whole life?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Okay now you're just f'in with me

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
>> The rapper added, "I will say, as of her 18th birthday, her hymen is still intact."

Anal sex is a Godsend.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
If Mr T.I. is to be believed, the gynecologist's role in this is somewhat questionable.

On his account, she's been divulging confidential medical information to him about his daughter that there's no conceivable reason for him to know.

I'd be surprised if that's legal, let alone in line with US gynecologists' professional standards.

Indeed, to my mind the father's repeatedly asking his daughter's gynecologist for such intimate medical information throughout her teenage years, which he seems to be saying is what he's done, should probably have prompted the gynecologist to contact the appropriate child protection authorities.

Romana

SL Rez
Ew...another man who believes that he owns the women in his life. No doubt this vile belief shows up in other ways in her life, as well.
I'd like to hear what his daughter thinks of this. He may have her too intimidated to speak out, though.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Romana

SL Rez
Or having good safe consensual sex. Where she is the master of her own domain. So she can look forward to sexual encounters and learn to choose a partner who respects her. If her father is the example he has set up though...
Just so. He sure sounds like he wants her to be subservient, and eventually the property of a man he approves of.