WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Minnesnowta
I watched the video, and I quote his words, "There are a lot of us in this room that have had enough. It's time to start riding herd on the rest of them, the rest of these people who want to take your rights away from you. They will not go quietly into the good night. They need to be kicked to the curb, and stomped on and run over a few times."

Now, let's compare that with his statement below. He DID specifically refer to human beings having violence inflicted upon them. Nobody there or now misunderstood his words. Yes, there was intention of violence in his statement. No, he wasn't saying that proposed bills needed to have this violence inflicted upon them. His statement is an utter lie. This man is a menace, a liar and has no business having any power over anything. He was elected in 2016 representing Northern Anoka County, which is part of the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area. He needs to go.

As an aside, I note that he has a "Best Friend of the Taxpayer" rating bestowed upon him by the Taxpayer's League of Minnesota (an organization which I have mentioned previously in regard to dark money).

Over the weekend, some concern has arisen regarding a statement I made at a 2nd Amendment rally. Several members of this body, and members of the media, have misunderstood the intent and meaning of my words.In my statement, the meaning of the word “They” referred to two proposed bills, not people.

The intended focus of my remarks was on two proposed bills which are designed to strip away the God-given and Constitutionally-guaranteed rights of self-protection. My statement was not in any way directed towards people. Instead, my comments were focused on the legislation that would restrict the rights of Minnesotans.

I am sorry for the confusion that has taken place, and I regret not being clear in my comments. I do not condone violence. There was no intention of violence in my statement.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Good grief!
Thousands of young people with eating disorders are being preyed on by “anorexia coaches” operating on an anonymous messaging app, a Guardian investigation can reveal.

Kik, a popular app among children and teenagers that has previously come under fire over safeguarding issues, hosts dozen of pro-anorexia group chats that are open to the public.

Within minutes of joining a conversation, users can be approached by an “anorexia coach” who calls on vulnerable young people, usually girls, to message them for weight-loss advice. If the recipients do not follow strict advice to limit their calorie intake, the coaches tell them they need to be punished – in some cases asking them to send nude pictures.
Worth reading the whole, somewhat alarming, story: ‘Anorexia coaches’ on Kik app prey on people with eating disorders

Romana

Sep 21, 2018
Last edited:

danielravennest

Sep 21, 2018
Lol Radio.

Conservative nutbags that are too whacky for mainstream media, but still need a platform to spew gibberish are the only reason AM radio is still around in the US.
AM (0.54-1.62 MHz) is a lower frequency band than FM (88-108 MHz). The signal travels farther for complicated electromagnetic reasons, especially at night. So it will naturally end up with channels that have lower listenership, that need to cover more territory to be viable. I mostly don't listen to radio at all any more. I have an old CD player/boom box in the basement for extended work sessions down there, and turn on the radio in the car on road trips, which is rare. Otherwise I listen to my MP3 collection, which hall all the songs I like, none of the ones I don't like, and no commercials.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
Dec 24, 2018
Phoenix, AZ, USA
AM (0.54-1.62 MHz) is a lower frequency band than FM (88-108 MHz). The signal travels farther for complicated electromagnetic reasons, especially at night. So it will naturally end up with channels that have lower listenership, that need to cover more territory to be viable. I mostly don't listen to radio at all any more. I have an old CD player/boom box in the basement for extended work sessions down there, and turn on the radio in the car on road trips, which is rare. Otherwise I listen to my MP3 collection, which hall all the songs I like, none of the ones I don't like, and no commercials.
Only thing left on it, at least here, is over-the-top conservatism and Mexican radio creeping over the border. Even the religous nutters have moved to FM.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
Sep 20, 2018
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
The signal travels farther for complicated electromagnetic reasons, especially at night. So it will naturally end up with channels that have lower listenership, that need to cover more territory to be viable.
Only thing left on it, at least here, is over-the-top conservatism and Mexican radio creeping over the border. Even the religous nutters have moved to FM.
Last year when driving "up north"* I found an interesting country station that mixed in a lot of First Nations music, so I stayed tuned in. To my pleasant surprise I could still listen to it when I hit my destination 200km away.

*not really north but on the edge of where civilization gives way to muskeg, tundra, ice, then Russia.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Miami,FL