- Joined
- Sep 19, 2018
- Messages
- 10,701
- Location
- Right... Behind... You...
- SL Rez
- 2007
- Joined SLU
- October 2009
- SLU Posts
- 65535
I watched the video, and I quote his words, "There are a lot of us in this room that have had enough. It's time to start riding herd on the rest of them, the rest of these people who want to take your rights away from you. They will not go quietly into the good night. They need to be kicked to the curb, and stomped on and run over a few times."
Over the weekend, some concern has arisen regarding a statement I made at a 2nd Amendment rally. Several members of this body, and members of the media, have misunderstood the intent and meaning of my words.In my statement, the meaning of the word “They” referred to two proposed bills, not people.
The intended focus of my remarks was on two proposed bills which are designed to strip away the God-given and Constitutionally-guaranteed rights of self-protection. My statement was not in any way directed towards people. Instead, my comments were focused on the legislation that would restrict the rights of Minnesotans.
I am sorry for the confusion that has taken place, and I regret not being clear in my comments. I do not condone violence. There was no intention of violence in my statement.
Good lord. Are they utterly incapable of telling the truth about anything?
Worth reading the whole, somewhat alarming, story: ‘Anorexia coaches’ on Kik app prey on people with eating disordersThousands of young people with eating disorders are being preyed on by “anorexia coaches” operating on an anonymous messaging app, a Guardian investigation can reveal.
Kik, a popular app among children and teenagers that has previously come under fire over safeguarding issues, hosts dozen of pro-anorexia group chats that are open to the public.
Within minutes of joining a conversation, users can be approached by an “anorexia coach” who calls on vulnerable young people, usually girls, to message them for weight-loss advice. If the recipients do not follow strict advice to limit their calorie intake, the coaches tell them they need to be punished – in some cases asking them to send nude pictures.
AM (0.54-1.62 MHz) is a lower frequency band than FM (88-108 MHz). The signal travels farther for complicated electromagnetic reasons, especially at night. So it will naturally end up with channels that have lower listenership, that need to cover more territory to be viable. I mostly don't listen to radio at all any more. I have an old CD player/boom box in the basement for extended work sessions down there, and turn on the radio in the car on road trips, which is rare. Otherwise I listen to my MP3 collection, which hall all the songs I like, none of the ones I don't like, and no commercials.Lol Radio.
Conservative nutbags that are too whacky for mainstream media, but still need a platform to spew gibberish are the only reason AM radio is still around in the US.
Only thing left on it, at least here, is over-the-top conservatism and Mexican radio creeping over the border. Even the religous nutters have moved to FM.AM (0.54-1.62 MHz) is a lower frequency band than FM (88-108 MHz). The signal travels farther for complicated electromagnetic reasons, especially at night. So it will naturally end up with channels that have lower listenership, that need to cover more territory to be viable. I mostly don't listen to radio at all any more. I have an old CD player/boom box in the basement for extended work sessions down there, and turn on the radio in the car on road trips, which is rare. Otherwise I listen to my MP3 collection, which hall all the songs I like, none of the ones I don't like, and no commercials.
The signal travels farther for complicated electromagnetic reasons, especially at night. So it will naturally end up with channels that have lower listenership, that need to cover more territory to be viable.
Last year when driving "up north"* I found an interesting country station that mixed in a lot of First Nations music, so I stayed tuned in. To my pleasant surprise I could still listen to it when I hit my destination 200km away.Only thing left on it, at least here, is over-the-top conservatism and Mexican radio creeping over the border. Even the religous nutters have moved to FM.
The bill sponsored by Democratic Rep. Kimberly Daniels of Jacksonville cleared a House Education panel Thursday on an 11-3 vote. Daniels said the intent was not to teach a specific religion in school but rather to emphasize the Bible's role in history, culture and the founding of the U.S. government.