WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
They are putting the onus on the legislature. We have our very own version of Mitch McConnell here. He usually just lets anything remotely progressive die on the vine. Obstruction at its finest. Most initiatives of this sort never even make it to a vote, due to him.
I don't know about progressive so much as wanting to put right a particularly ugly and dysfunctional piece of bad law. The voluntary intoxication thing comes from exceptions to the rule that a drunken intent is a valid intent. That is, "I wouldn't have done it if I'd not been drunk," will doubtless be true most of the time but it's not a valid criminal defence.

That's a very good rule for criminal intent, but it's got nothing to do with the law on consent -- the question isn't, "Would the complainant have consented had she been sober?" but "Was she capable of consenting to anything, or even conscious, at the time?"

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Lindsey Graham would be Toadie to the first Lord Humungous to happen along.
Right. I know my place if the world were to collapse. If I were still in the city, my odds of survival would be dramatically reduced, as getting out would be difficult. The best thing would be to get away from humanity as short of something like a nuclear fallout, it would be the greatest danger. I think I would rather face an angry bear than a human, though my chances of srurvivall would be low either way.

People like Graham? They figure they'll be Rambo fighting off the hordes for whatever material wealth they hold.

The problem is that they look at us here and today and determine that they face that same level of risk. They live in an imagined world where we all are coming for them every day, maybe a bit of repressed guilt at their evil actions.

Last edited:

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Quitting a job sometimes results in some bad blood, but the corporate breakup of a Georgia man and a car repair shop has taken things to new heights.

Andreas Flaten said his former employer dumped 91,500 pennies—that's $915 worth—in his driveway after he left his job as a manager at A OK Walker Luxury Autoworks in Peachtree City, Ga. The coins, he said, were also covered in an oily substance he suspects might be power-steering fluid.

The cash drop was discovered on March 12. Flaten told the New York Times he believes the action was taken as a punishment after he quit his job and demanded the company pay him his final paycheck.

• 1Eggplant
Reactions: Romana

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
People seem to universally love whenever an individual does something like pay a hundreds-of-dollars fine in pennies, but I've always figured it was only a matter of time until some one-percenter did this to a pleb and wondered what the reaction from the same folks would be.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
In the UK £1 and £2 coins are legal tender up to any amount, 50p and 20p up to £10.00, 10p and 5p up to £5.00, and 1p and 2p up to only 20p.

People and businesses may, at their discretion, agree to accept larger quantities, of course, but in a case like this, Mr Flaten would be fully entitled to report the matter to the police, who would probably not be amused at having to attempt to return the coins to their rightful owner (though if he couldn't be traced or if he didn't want them back, Mr Flaten could keep them if he wanted, while still suing his former employer for his unpaid wages).

• 2Like
Reactions: Ashiri and Govi

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
In the UK £1 and £2 coins are legal tender up to any amount, 50p and 20p up to £10.00, 10p and 5p up to £5.00, and 1p and 2p up to only 20p.

People and businesses may, at their discretion, agree to accept larger quantities, of course, but in a case like this, Mr Flaten would be fully entitled to report the matter to the police, who would probably not be amused at having to attempt to return the coins to their rightful owner (though if he couldn't be traced or if he didn't want them back, Mr Flaten could keep them if he wanted, while still suing his former employer for his unpaid wages).
I knew Huckster was a major arsehole, but wow.

So when I was at Arkansas State University, Fuckabee sent his son to ASU instead of UofA (mostly to keep the worthless PoS out of the public eye). He got himself elected to the Student Government, and used that position to get himself as a vendor for University trinkets (buttons, pens, grab bag stuff). The school paper got wind of it and found out he hadn't bothered to get a business license. So the little asshole made a big scene of paying the fees in loose change.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

danielravennest

SLU Posts
If that's the kind of reaction from his employer he gets to quitting, then quitting may have been the smartest thing he could have done.
This is a local story for me. As it turned out Coinstar, the company that takes your excess coins and gives you cash, gave the guy $1000 and donations to two charities of his choice in exchange for his pennies. They said that many pennies is all in a day's work for them. So it worked out happily for the guy who quit, and Coinstar got some good publicity.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
As if this isn't WTF enough by itself,Twitter has noticed a resemblance between this woman and Amy Poehler, and is going to town with it. I do hope someone tweets her reaction when she finds out.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
As if this isn't WTF enough by itself,Twitter has noticed a resemblance between this woman and Amy Poehler, and is going to town with it. I do hope someone tweets her reaction when she finds out.

Wow - and I thought I'd seen it all when I witnessed a woman squeezing milk out of her breasts into a crowd at Key West. This one kind of makes that look like child's play. Also, how the hell did she have that much liquid in her vagina and how long did it take her to learn how to squirt it that far? Inquiring minds want to know. :shiftyeyes:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Wow - and I thought I'd seen it all when I witnessed a woman squeezing milk out of her breasts into a crowd at Key West. This one kind of makes that look like child's play. Also, how the hell did she have that much liquid in her vagina and how long did it take her to learn how to squirt it that far? Inquiring minds want to know. :shiftyeyes:

Given how much males often actually know about female anatomy and its functions in general, one shouldn't rule out the possibility that she just peed on them and the men who saw it were like "OMG IT CAME FROM THE BUR-JY-NA!

bubblesort

I was just surfing youtube, listening to music, and hit on a cover of Megan Trainor's Me Too. I thought that's a super weird song, in light of the #MeToo movement. I checked, and Alyssa Milano didn't really start the #MeToo hashtag until a year after Megan Trainor's Me Too came out, so the awkwardness is not deliberate at all. Or maybe not Milano... I know people argue about who started #MeToo, but they seem to agree it seems to have started in 2017, and Trainor's song came out in 2016.

That just feels wrong to me, like a Mandela effect or something. I mean, 2017 is only 4 years ago. Doesn't it feel like Harvey Weinstein fell a decade ago?