Status
Not open for further replies.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm okay with reporters pointing out how ridiculous Trump is by asking him if he's going to do this or that crazy thing next. Any of it is entirely possible and we have a right to know just how crazy and stupid he is.
I would normally agree, but these aren't normal situations. Trump is clearly taking his cues on what to do next from Fox News and far-right television pundits. The less batshit crazy things the media suggests on TV, the less chance Trump will do something boneheadedly stupid - or, at least, so I'd hope.

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Did we ever build wheels that were just walls?

• 1LOL
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
COMPELLING MEXICO TO PAY FOR THE WALL
Introduction: The provision of the Patriot Act, Section 326 - the "know your customer" provision, compelling financial institutions to demand identity documents before opening accounts or conducting financial transactions is a fundamental element of the outline below. That section authorized the executive branch to issue detailed regulations on the subject, found at 31 CFR 130.120-121. It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year. There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:
Trump Campaign website, via the Wayback Machine: Pay for the Wall

(via Washington Post Trump claims he never said Mexico would cut a check for the wall. Let’s go to the tape. )

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I would normally agree, but these aren't normal situations. Trump is clearly taking his cues on what to do next from Fox News and far-right television pundits. The less batshit crazy things the media suggests on TV, the less chance Trump will do something boneheadedly stupid - or, at least, so I'd hope.
I hope too. But I think he's so far off the rails that now the best that can happen is for the media to make everyone to understand that and then for someone to stop him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
At this point in time, we are continually faced with questions about Mueller's investigations. When will he finish and issue his final report? For what is he waiting, since it seems like he has all he needs, all the witnesses, all the conspiracies to collude, everything? Will Mueller's investigations advance the removal (impeachment, indictment) of our criminal president?

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
At this point in time, we are continually faced with questions about Mueller's investigations. When will he finish and issue his final report? For what is he waiting, since it seems like he has all he needs, all the witnesses, all the conspiracies to collude, everything? Will Mueller's investigations advance the removal (impeachment, indictment) of our criminal president?
I think it's like when my mother used to bake - "it'll be ready when it's ready". We're seeing signs that major progress has been made already, and it's possible that he's simply rounding up the final facts that will tie an indictment of Trump into a neat bow. I hesitate to assign him any political motives, but it's also possible that he knows a Republican Senate could block anything less than the most damning and airtight evidence.

Whether Trump is indicted or not, it's my belief that once he's out of office he's going to be in court for a long time defending himself, and on his own dime at that.

We're still shy of the time period it took to bring indictments during Watergate - from June 1972 to May 1974 - and that was in a different time and with a different Congress. I don't think it'll take another year in this case, but that's still faster than Jaworski et al brought down Nixon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.