Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
So, I hear that's a violation of the Geneva Convention.
I would be surprised if it was not.

He also did a couple of head-desks this weekend too. Like asking military peeps about trade and what ship system he should put money to (because you 'needed to be Einstein' for one of them).

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yeh, the electromagnetic vs steam catapult thing has been an ongoing Trump whinge since like forever.
That one was just perplexing, does he not realize that whatever system is used it would not be a matter of just installing it but that people would actually be trained to use it? The Einstein thing was bizarre, maybe it is hard for Donnie but not for people using the system.

The whole thing with asking about trade was just odd. I doubt whoever he was talking to knows how much trade is going on at other ports so whatever they would say in response is worse than useless. He was talking to someone in the CG, right? That is not even in their mission (unless you count smuggling), not that it is by any of the branches. Does he just ask policy questions to any random person?

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Soldiers can bite some dust instead of bread..... right, Mr. President?
Yep, as long as Mr. Bone-spurs doesn't have to be one.

Actually, it's probably just as well he was never in the military. God knows how many of his fellow soldiers he would have gotten killed with his stupidity!

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
.... Does he just ask policy questions to any random person?
Pseudo-random. It's an algorithm carefully crafted to look random but eliminate anyone with even a vague hope of knowing anything about the topic at hand.

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Cowards frequently use jokes to escape the consequences of saying what they really mean.

It's half 'dog whistle' that builds solidarity with those that think likewise. "It's funny because it's TRUE! And he dared to say it right to their face! HAHA!"

And half a slap at those that don't agree. "I'm better than you because I'm funny and you have no sense of humor."

Whether or not Trump actually -meant- it, it's clear he was thinking it.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Yep, as long as Mr. Bone-spurs doesn't have to be one.

Actually, it's probably just as well he was never in the military. God knows how many of his fellow soldiers he would have gotten killed with his stupidity!
No doubt! "Look out! Friendly Fire! Whoops! Just kidding!"

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Yeh, the electromagnetic vs steam catapult thing has been an ongoing Trump whinge since like forever.
Utterly unsurprising that Trump would think you need to be Einstein to understand how electromagnets work.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
1: It's Cyber Monday, are there any special deals for a 'Bouquet of Rusty Screwdriver Enemas' for whoever gave that order?

2: I'm 17 miles away from San Ysidro... and not far from the Qualcomm Stadium, which has been sitting there empty and unused. It could probably provide reasonable temporary accomodations for the entire caravan AND every single last homeless person in the city. (the groups are approximately the same size).

3: If Mexico fired tear gas over the border at, Canadian refugees fleeing through the U.S. ---we would treat it like an ACT OF GOD DAMNED WAR --.

4: Closing the border is an attack on my city's economy. We have a huge number of people that cross it -daily- for work.

5: ... is just incoherent obscene ranting on my part, doesn't bear repeating.

Last edited:

danielravennest

SLU Posts
This is the kind of thing I always am sure that finally, THIS time, he has done/ said something so blatant and outrageous even his minions will cringe and flee.

But they never do.
Yeah, but when push comes to shove, will the military back Trump, after he's done things like this, and disrespected the war dead? Guys wanting to rule Rome knew you needed the backing of the Legions, and most dictators since have followed that route.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yeah, but when push comes to shove, will the military back Trump, after he's done things like this, and disrespected the war dead? Guys wanting to rule Rome knew you needed the backing of the Legions, and most dictators since have followed that route.
I think he only had 50% of their approval before he said and did all that, so I would not be surprised if it’s more like 40% now, if that. But those hard core cultists among them will never budge.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"Derp, steam is immune to EMP, derp derp." (but not the numerous controls and communications necessary to operate steam catapults)

Well he can always buy loyalty by bragging about giving people raises. (even though congress did that, not him)

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
"Derp, steam is immune to EMP, derp derp." (but not the numerous controls and communications necessary to operate steam catapults)
*pictures an EMP-proof steam catapult hurling a fighter jet uselessly into the water because the aircraft are all still susceptible to EMP*

Status
Not open for further replies.