Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Since he has not spontaneously combusted yet from a combination of orange dye #5, Big Mac grease and millions of people trying to set him on fire with their minds, I present the latest thread about Twittler.

Predicatably after gloating about how well behaved he's been, he couldn't resist:

Trump unleashes on Kavanaugh accuser

• Thanks Thanks 4
  • Agree Agree 2
  • Bacon Bacon 1
  • LOL LOL 1
  • Show all

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
Sep 20, 2018
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
He's not the only one. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took the opportunity to attack Democrats:

(Edit: Did embedding tweets break?)
(Edit 2: Nevermind, just had to refresh)

detrius

Sep 20, 2018
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
He's not the only one. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took the opportunity to attack Democrats:

(Edit: Did embedding tweets break?)
(Edit 2: Nevermind, just had to refresh)
"It's not my fault that I keep nominating rapists, pedophiles and molesters for positions they're not qualified to hold."

Well, d'oh, yes it is.

This is essentially McConnell trying to cover the Democrats' mouths so they can't scream.

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
Sep 20, 2018
Ring Of Fire
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
If Rump does indeed spontaneously combust, may I suggest we all do this?

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
Sep 20, 2018
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Trump Administration Aims to Sharply Restrict New Green Cards for Those on Public Aid

Trump administration officials announced Saturday that immigrants who legally use public benefits like food assistance and Section 8 housing vouchers could be denied green cards under new rules aimed at keeping out people the administration deems a drain on the country.

The move could force millions of poor immigrants who rely on public assistance for food and shelter to make a difficult choice between accepting financial help and seeking a green card to live and work legally in the United States.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
If Rump does indeed spontaneously combust, may I suggest we all do this?
Hell, if he spontaneously combusts (especially if doing so takes penis with him) that dance should be mandatory for everyone currently alive who has the capacity to move.

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
Sep 20, 2018
Ring Of Fire
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
I will settle for ousted, then.

Sep 21, 2018
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
This from the very conservative Cato Institute:
Immigration and the Welfare State

Overall, immigrants are less likely to consume welfare benefits and, when they do, they generally consume a lower dollar value of benefits than native-born Americans. Immigrants who meet the eligibility thresholds of age for the entitlement programs or poverty for the means-tested welfare programs generally have lower use rates and consume a lower dollar value relative to native-born Americans.3 The per capita cost of providing welfare to immigrants is substantially less than the per capita cost of providing welfare to native-born Americans.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
SLU Posts

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Neuken, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
The headline writer for this one gets a point.

The Future Of Publishing Is Just Books About Donald Trump Forever Until You Are Dead

Millions of readers have taken a well-deserved break from a frenzied news cycle to sit down, relax, and read some books about Donald Trump.

Now there are more accounts on the way.

Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig, reporters covering the White House for the Washington Post, have a book in the works, according to three people familiar with the matter. Chuck Todd, host of NBC’s Meet the Press, also will team up with Politico writer Michael Kruse for a book, according to sources familiar with the project.

Todd declined to comment. Kruse, Rucker, and Leonnig did not return requests for comment.

The two new books will endeavor to join the growing stack of successful Trump tomes, the most recent being Bob Woodward’s Fear: Trump in the White House. After a heavily hyped news cycle surrounding the juiciest details unveiled in the book, Fear has sold more than 1.1 million copies through its first week of publication, the fastest opening in Simon & Schuster’s history, according to the publisher. The book from Woodward, one half of the famous Watergate reporting duo, dominated cable news airwaves for days and found the best publicity any book agent could hope for: the ire of Trump’s Twitter feed.

Todd and Kruse will have a natural hook for their forthcoming book, with the president personally insulting the Meet the Press host as “Sleepy Eyes.” In a widely circulated Atlantic column, Todd argued earlier this month that the media needs to take a more aggressive tack to defend itself against the Fox News–inspired rise of press bashing.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Sounds like the New York Times has successfully gotten Rosenstein fired.

Sep 21, 2018
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
"To meet with Trump on Thursday" - wow the same day as the Kavenaugh/Ford allegation hearing, how about that.
It's almost like the whole NYT story about Rod was planted to be a distraction from the fact that Kavanugh is going down like the Titanic.