Kamilah Hauptmann
Shitpost Sommelier
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 15,369
- Location
- Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
- SL Rez
- 2005
- Joined SLU
- Reluctantly
www.nydailynews.com
A Texas family who lost their sense of smell because of COVID-19 escaped from a massive fire after the only person in their home who is not infected was able to smell the smoke and help them get out of the property in time.
Bianca Rivera, 17, smelled something burning around 2 a.m. Friday and rushed out of her room to alert her three family members.
“I started smelling burnt plastic, and that’s when I got more alert and ran outside of my room,” she told local news station KWTX-TV. “I couldn’t even pass the hallway because it was filled with so much smoke.”
Privately concluded? Is the plan to tell everyone "Sorry, we're closed." when they show up?
No one wants to be the one who takes the inevitable decision.They apparently didn't tell the IOC.
![]()
IOC chief declares 'there is no plan B' and that Tokyo Olympics will go ahead
The International Olympic Committee president, Thomas Bach, said the Olympic Games will go ahead in July despite a state of emergency being declared in Tokyowww.theguardian.com
![]()
Ministers consider paying £500 to everyone with Covid in England
Exclusive: universal payment is ‘preferred position’ of DHSC in effort to help people self-isolatewww.theguardian.com
Not quite sure how they check that anyone who collects the payment will self-isolate, but at least it helps out honest people who self-isolate.
Bit worried, though, about the number of healthy people -- particularly in the late teens or early 20s -- who might like the prospect of collecting £500 in return for running the very low risk, at their age, of developing serious symptoms, and set out deliberately to get themselves infected.
At this point, I'll take misworn to the assholes who still aren't wearing their fucking masks - and 99% of them are entitled white assholes [male and female].
COVID-19 SOUND MAP
Three days after the first lockdown began in the UK, I put out a call via social media to ask for help capturing sounds which had changed as a result of governments’ actions around the world to curb the spread of the virus. It struck me that the extraordinary times in which we found ourselves would be worth documenting as far as the changing soundscape was concerned.
In recent years, I have become fascinated by how sound maps allow us to preserve non-permanent sounds, or ones that are about to disappear altogether–for example, capturing the soundscape of a location where a new road is about to be built. I believe this is the modern-day equivalent of what Canadian composer and researcher R Murray Schafer referred to back in the 1970s as “museums for disappearing sounds.” I wanted to preserve the temporary sounds of lockdown for the future, while, at the same time, encouraging people to really listen.
...
Privately concluded? Is the plan to tell everyone "Sorry, we're closed." when they show up?
I think Innula's got it. I think they all know the trigger needs to be pulled but nobody wants to be the gunman.No one wants to be the one who takes the inevitable decision.
Well, visiting this place will eventually be an option again:If I only had the space for that.
Model trains and the screnery building that goes with it, look like a great hobby.