Dems Need To Learn From the UK Election to UNITE under one message: GET HIM OUT!

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Bloomberg isn't very high on my list of preferred candidates, but the commercials I've seen from him pretty much hits those marks pretty well, without any of the mud-slinging so common in political advertising.
The commercials I am constantly telling youtube not to show me. It is pretty pointless of him to target DC, the odds of him hetting any votes from here at the convention are ridiculously low.

For me the only candidate not above him is Biden.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I did say I've only seen a few political ads.... probably because the only time I watch tv is when I'm at the gym, and Bloomburg ads are on every morning. The only other person I see as much of is Tulsi Gabbard ads keep coming on before YouTube will let me watch my video, and she's too busy cozying up to the right and libertarians to come out and say GET HIM OUT. I'm starting to think she really is trying to set the stage for a 3rd party run, but the way she is running her campaign it'll pull votes from Trump not the Democrats.
If you are fast in the first 5 seconds you can click on something to tell YT not to show a particular ad to you again. Or you can just waste her money and watch it.

Zaida Gearbox

He has one big problem. Bloomers is an asshole.
But, he's not half the asshole Trump is.

If you are fast in the first 5 seconds you can click on something to tell YT not to show a particular ad to you again. Or you can just waste her money and watch it.
Being firmly in the moderate camp, I actually kind of like Tulsi - at least until she started cozying up with Mike Huckabee. That bothers me.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I’m voting for Castro in the primary. I don’t care if he doesn’t stand a chance. I want the next administration to borrow his policies.

• 1Like
Reactions: Monica Dream

Zaida Gearbox

I’m voting for Castro in the primary. I don’t care if he doesn’t stand a chance. I want the next administration to borrow his policies.
Hubman said something about that recently - I don't know enough about him to have an opinion. Other than Tulsi the only one I like is Elizabeth Warren. So, since I'm still registered Democrat I'll have to think which of them to vote for. Tulsi really hasn't got a chance, and Elizabeth Warren ---- well, it would be nice to actually have someone to vote for rather than just voting against someone.

• 1Like

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Hubman said something about that recently - I don't know enough about him to have an opinion. Other than Tulsi the only one I like is Elizabeth Warren. So, since I'm still registered Democrat I'll have to think which of them to vote for. Tulsi really hasn't got a chance, and Elizabeth Warren ---- well, it would be nice to actually have someone to vote for rather than just voting against someone.
I would be happy to vote for Warren in the general. I’m going to promote whoever it is, but Warren is a much better choice than Biden. We need someone sharp and experienced to clean up the mess the Trumpists have made. We also need the Senate back or McConnell will just keep breaking things.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I would be happy to vote for Warren in the general. I’m going to promote whoever it is, but Warren is a much better choice than Biden. We need someone sharp and experienced to clean up the mess the Trumpists have made. We also need the Senate back or McConnell will just keep breaking things.
I just calm myself that eventually he will fuck off and die.

• 1Hug

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
You'll need two thirds of the Senate to impeach every last unqualified motherfucker appointed to Federal benches.

Romana

SL Rez
To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin (or at least the show 1776):
If the Dems don't hang together, they will most assuredly hang separately--at least if Cheetoführer and Falwell have anything to say about it:

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
You'll need two thirds of the Senate to impeach every last unqualified motherfucker appointed to Federal benches.
There's this, at least:

Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy

By tradition, all U.S. Attorneys are asked to resign at the start of a new administration. The new President may elect to keep or remove any U.S. Attorney. They are traditionally replaced collectively only at the start of a new White House administration. U.S. Attorneys hold a political office, in which the President nominates candidates to office and the Senate confirms, and consequently, they serve at the pleasure of the President. When a new President is from a different political party, typically almost all of the resignations are eventually accepted and the positions are then filled by newly confirmed appointees, typically from the new President's party.
According to these guys, there's nothing preventing Congress from passing a law providing another way to remove judges, in ordinary courts, as they serve on "good behavior tenure", the determination of which is independent of impeachment.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ishina

SL Rez

Abby Martin is joined by legendary British-Iraqi rapper and political activist Lowkey. They discuss the recent election loss by Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party but go beyond the headlines, discussing the legacy of the British Empire, neoliberal austerity, how the military and intelligence agencies interfered in the elections, the role of Israel, and the lessons the Bernie Sanders movement can learn from the left-wing loss.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Monica Dream

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez