Coup in the USA?

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts

Continuing proof we are governed by children.
Children have to surrender their weapons when they set off the detectors. Rethuglicans do not. We are governed by malignant narcissists who feel entitled to behave any way they like because they've been enabled for years. Children would be better than this.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

IMO, hotels should do this, too.

Due to COVID, the Biden transition team has already explicitly stated that this Inauguration will not really be an in-person public event, with only a select number of invitees attending and no traditional festivities like the parade, or bleachers along the motorcade route. The late security threat only underscores and now certainly enforces that the inauguration will not be open to the public. So there is literally no reason for anyone to be booking non-business travel to Washington during Inauguration Week.
One did, before the 6th.... but yes.
Update.

MOAR...

Routh has a twitter thread on it.
This bothers me so much, considering how often 'Centre' shows up on my family tree - because that means I'm prolly related to the people who put that jackass in office, or even the jackass in question >.<

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Jolene, I know it's a rhetorical question but it also assumes that these good ol' boys actually had ANY foresight whatsoever. They had to know, as you and I do as well as any other reasonaly-sane person, that mobbing the capitol building would have let loose a different kind of Kraken, one they couldn't even conceive of much less control.
From what I've seen of interviews during or just after the storming of the capitol, many of these rioters/terrorists/MAGAts are almost childishly naive about what they were doing. They were living in a fantasy world in which Trump was calling to them to play their role in a Master Plan that would unfurl his 2nd term by some miraculous mechanism involving both the White House and the military. They were vague on the details of what would happen around them, or after them, but fervent in their faith that it all had some purpose.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
From what I've seen of interviews during or just after the storming of the capitol, many of these rioters/terrorists/MAGAts are almost childishly naive about what they were doing. They were living in a fantasy world in which Trump was calling to them to play their role in a Master Plan that would unfurl his 2nd term by some miraculous mechanism involving both the White House and the military. They were vague on the details of what would happen around them, or after them, but fervent in their faith that it all had some purpose.
I think there should be consequences for the ones who actively marched and attacked the capital, but the ones who are really guilty are the ones I'm angry at, and hoping every single last one of them suffers the consequences of their actions to the full extent of the law.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This rings true to me after seeing several FB and Twitter posts of reposts of lists of components in Trumps plan to remain in office. Below is an example of verbiage attributed to Candace Owens but I don't know if it actually came from her. It's just tldr rambling, so you might not want to read through it, but seeing so much of this circulating in early January supports the idea that the insurrections believed they were a cog in Trump's comprehensive plan to retain power. The wonder is that they believed he would legally secure a second term. Many of them still seem to believe it.
BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING!
Update: Here is what we know right now. President Trump has court cases still pending that will go to the Supreme Court. Thanks to Texas, he now knows how to file it under article 3 and not under article 2. This will force the Supreme Court to hear this rewritten case. President Trump has the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) report. It was announced as a late submission. Barr has stepped down on the 23rd, so he is now able to be a witness. It was not able to be announced until now. Durham is now a special counsel. He can prosecute in any state, all Biden’s! He is allowing the civil, criminal, and federal courts to fail. Why? So he is able to handle the situation properly, using the military tribunals. President Trump has all the data from NSA, the Kraken supercomputer, the Alice supercomputer, and other systems most are not familiar with. He has the dueling electors from 7 state legislatures. He has VP Mike Pence as the final arbiter of ballots to accept on 1/6/20. He has the Insurrection Act (see below in a previous post), the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Emergency Act, the 14th Amendment, the 2018 Executive Order allowing for the rejection of the election based on Foreign Interference, which we now know is true. He has January 27, 2017, the very first President Trump Executive Order, the Patriot Act, the FISA warrants, the possible Declassification of EVERYTHING, including Wikileaks. President Trump has 1000 people swear affidavits, the QR code scan personnel who just needs access to some real ballots & he can detect if they are fake by looking for creases & printing items using his scanner technology. Trump has all the statistical data being analyzed, the videos, emails, phone calls, bank transfer statements showing the coordination of the coup. We know Zuckerberg funded and manned it, Soros funded it. He has the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organization (RICO) law passed in 1970. President Trump has crimes against humanity videos, which Wikileaks just released massive videos. Julian Assange is about to be pardoned, so he can talk about Seth Rich. Now that the governors and secretary of states certified the illegal ballots and Biden has accepted them, they knowingly committed treason! Criminals are desperate and stupid! We just raided the solar company and Dominion is closing up the shop. Many media company CEOs are gone. The same goes for many politicians. President Trump has the CIA servers from Germany used to change Dominion machines and he will soon have access to the state's machines too. He baited them to staying in DC so they could be inaugurated...arrested! Biden has not accepted any transition money nor has Kamala given up her seat. The military has infiltrated Antifa & BLM and President Trump has the financial tracings. He knows exactly which politicians took Chinese and Soros money. He put in Miller & Watnick. He also just reduced more regulations and wrote an Executive Order in the military line of succession. He is defunding the CIA. He just replaced Kissinger & Allbright on the National Security Advisory Board with his loyalists. The military has been flying more planes over America and to Guantanamo for the first time in years. The DNC wanted to close Gitmo, but President Trump said no way and said softly under his breath, I want to use it for her”, meaning crooked Hillary. The navy just parked huge naval fleets on both coasts. The 82nd airborne is preparing for an operation (same group of Flynn & Donoghue). Things are falling into place. He has it all. He is just laying out the case and building the narrative. He knows he won and they cheated. He gave them the chance to fix things. They chose not to. Do not feel sorry for them. They did this to themselves.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Republican state senator is under fire for being in Washington D.C. Wednesday. Now, some Democrats are calling for his resignation.

State Senator Doug Mastriano went live on Facebook saying he expected Wednesday to be like any other protest supporting President Donald Trump. He claims he was outside the Capitol to exercise his constitutional rights, but left once it got violent.
Meanwhile, some Democrats believe Mastriano contributed to the chaos.

State Representatives Brian Sims and Tim Kearney are calling for his resignation, calling his behavior predictably dangerous and deliberate.

bubblesort

They really were directed by Trump, though.

This is a long podcast episode (2 hours), but it gives a great deep dive into what happened. It also answers one question I've had since the beginning. How did it end? They were not forced out, they just left. Why?

This podcast extensively covered the Q Shaman, who is a figure they have been covering for years. He did not leave the capitol until Trump tweeted that they should leave. At that point, he grabbed a bullhorn and told people to get out, because, as he himself said, they were doing exactly what Trump told them to do. That leaves no question about who directed the attack. They were directed by Trump.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
With a lot of the arrests I was kind of concerned to see weaksauce charges like "being in a restricted building" and stuff, with very small amounts of possible jailtime, being laid against the insurrectionists. But in their court appearances yesterday, when the charges were formally filed with the court, a lot of them were substantially upgraded.

For instance, when the guy with his feet up on Nancy Pelosi's desk was busted, the press reports were talking about "a maximum of one year in prison". But as of today, he's looking at more like a maximum of ten years.
The Justice Dept tele-press conference explained this. You want to arrest them on the easiest-to-prove item, like trespassing, then start grilling them, cross-referencing to other sources, etc. for the more serious stuff. The more serious stuff takes more time to build a case, and requires more evidence to make it stick.