Coup in the USA?

bubblesort

Ok what just happened today in Pennsylvania?

I have watched the video, read a few Reddit threads and news articles, but as a non American I’m not sure if these terms like treason, sedition and coup are internet hyperbole or legit.

More terrifying are those saying this was the dress rehearsal for tomorrow.

For real, how bad is this? And more importantly can this happen to Biden? Refusing to acknowledge voting results?

Edit to add one of the links and videos.

We got knocked WAAAAAYYYYY off topic from the original post in this thread, LOL

To get back to it, though...

Brewster was seated yesterday, after a judge ruled that his election was legitimate. Pennsylvania republicans are insane, but they aren't crazy enough to pursue this case against his election any farther. Things are back to normal, for now. As normal as they ever were, I guess.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Zaida Gearbox

While obviously it's good to know that your acquaintance did turn back once he realised what was going on, I have to say that, at least to me, the fact he attended the demonstration at all, in order to support Trump and protest at what, in the face of all the evidence, he must then have thought was a stolen election (and maybe still does), raises serious questions about his judgement and good sense.
And what's really scary is this individual is an MD.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Intelligence and medical training are no guarantees of good sense or evidence testing -- just think of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of the great rationalist detective Sherlock Holmes and himself a doctor.

Despite his outdoubted intellect and ability to analyse situations, at least imaginatively, through Holmes' sceptical and rational eyes, he nevertheless was convinced by the Cottingley Fairies hoax and by spiritualism, to the extent that after he introduced his then friend Harry Houdini to a medium who claimed to be able to channel Houdini's late mother, was embarrassed by Houdini's objection that his late mother, in life an Orthodox Jew who spoke Hungarian with a word of English, would have been unlikely to describe her afterlife in a Christian heaven in perfect English to her atheist son without some form of explanation.

I once had a dentist who was an Islamic fundamentalist. Perfectly good dentist and a very nice chap, but I wouldn't have voted for him in an election.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Zaida Gearbox

Archer

Who knew?
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This is very much like Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) is a lawyer, even though he graduated bottom of his class at the worst law school in the country and never sat for the Bar exam. Someone always finishes last but still gets the degree.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
"that famous documentary"

lol

I didn't know medieval England was big with the Lannister royal lineage. Even fictitious medieval England.
I'm now trying forget the image that popped into my head, unbidden, of them trying to throw Trump out of the Moon Door after Rudy loses the fight, and he gets stuck in it because of his girth.