Coup in the USA?

SL Rez
SLU Posts
You can literally call anything organic, because there are no regulations on it like we have for, say... skim milk. Skim milk is strictly defined, so it's illegal to sell whole milk as skim.
That is not the case.

Willow Matthews

Organic just means no pesticides and other crap in the soil for I think it's 3 years prior to food being grown there.
In some places it also needs to be enriched naturally to organically enhance the soil for veggies being sold.
But yeah, grown with no pesticides.
I live in a stupid hippy town lol. :p

ETA If it's certified organic, you need to get the land certified as an organic farm before any food produced can be sold. Soil testing over months and all that.
This is in Oz though, so not sure what happens in other parts of the globe.

Last edited:

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
LOL, conservatives don't like metal detectors. I wonder why. What are they packing?

We should really apply the 14th amendment to remove these bastards from office, permanently. We could probably easily seize 2/3 of the senate if we started removing terrorists like Gohmert and Cruz.

Pelosi has been talking about Article 3 of the 14 Amendment being invoked against all of the House Republicans and the 7 Senators to remove them from office and permanently ban them from holding any public office. We only need a majority vote for anyone Congress sanctions for aiding and abetting insurrection, and the same for the Senate. Manchin might join the GOP, but Romney would have his chance to do what he did with impeachment, and permanently remove Trump and most of his congressional base. They would need a 2/3's vote to have the right to hold office restored. I'm fairly sure she's having conversations with the GOP leadership about their choices. Kevin McCarthy would be on that list. McConnell has gotten all he can out of Trump and his cult, while they cost McConnell his Senate Majority Leader post and power. He'll have to compromise with the Democrats and I suspect, Pelosi is telling him all of that is contingent on throwing Trump under the bus. She wants the problem of Trump solved now.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Add Walmart to the list.

"We examine and adjust our political giving strategy at the end of every election cycle, and that review will continue over the coming months," the company wrote in an emailed statement. "However, in light of last week's attack on the U.S. Capitol, Walmart's political action committee is indefinitely suspending contributions to those members of Congress who voted against the lawful certification of state electoral college votes."

bubblesort

Add Walmart to the list.

Its looking like the flea market is going to be the last place to buy MAGA gear. I am kinda half tempted to hit up the local flea market this week, just to be a fly in the wall and see what the atmosphere is like. That place has Trump flags EVERYWHERE. I wonder how many local flea market people are in jail right now for being terrorists.

At the same time.... I also have a deep desire to never overhear anything I might have to recall to a federal judge later on Witnessing stuff has a tendency to make life complicated, LOL.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Oh ho, whoa. Unexpected. Well, not really, not totally, but good to see *now*.

EDIT: Meant to post this here. Maybe I'm more surprised to read this than I thought...if it's true!

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Yet every day, school children have to walk through them because these same representatives are owned lock, stock and barrel by the NRA. These representatives are spoiled brats.

I don't know, have they ever had a job before? Also, how do you get on a plane? You have to go and say this is against your rights? Do you rush through and not go through the metal detectors before you get on the plane? That's a bunch of bull crap. This is them trying to push the limits as far as they can. We have Congress members who have said they want to carry their guns on the House floor. We have Congress members who bring their guns to our office buildings. This is where we should feel safe, but you're bringing your guns to the office building.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
No, I don't think that's it -- he apparently thinks he's a shaman, which as far as he's concerned means he should eat only organic food.

The fact he believes he's a shaman who must have organic food probably explains why he also supports QAnon -- he's bonkers -- but I don't think he's saying he requires organic food because he's a QAnon supporter.
What if he believed himself to be Jesus Christ? Should the prison make special accommodations for him based on that? I'm all for accommodating one's religious beliefs as much as is practical, but referring to oneself as a shaman doesn't make him one, nor does it equate to a religious belief. I think there's a line that has to be drawn somewhere, especially when the use of my tax dollars is involved.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
At least several users of the far-right social network Parler appear to be among the horde of rioters that managed to penetrate deep inside the U.S. Capitol building and into areas normally restricted to the public, according to GPS metadata linked to videos posted to the platform the day of the insurrection in Washington.

The data, obtained by a computer hacker through legal means ahead of Parler’s shutdown on Monday, offers a bird’s eye view of its users swarming the Capitol grounds after receiving encouragement from President Trump — and during a violent breach that sent lawmakers and Capitol Hill visitors scrambling amid gunshots and calls for their death. GPS coordinates taken from 618 Parler videos analyzed by Gizmodo has already been sought after by FBI as part of a sweeping nationwide search for potential suspects, at least 20 of whom are already in custody.