2020 U.S. Presidential elections

bubblesort

bubblesort

LOL, Bill Clinton thanked James Clyburn for ending the intra-family feud in the democratic party with a waive of his hand. He's obviously talking about Clyburn's endorsement of Biden, 3 days before the South Carolina primary, which was a pivotal moment for Biden.

I do not share Bill's optimism that the feud is over, though. The Clintons have completely lost their touch since the 90s. They are not serious politicians any more. They are has-beens and losers.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Lots of films Trump tried to block are about to drop. Here's another, about how he cut an old lady's water and basically made her life hell so he could build a golf course in Scotland. It comes out Aug 18.

I think the bigger story is that he/they didn't want this ICE documentary to drop until after the election. I've said before and I'll say it again, Presidents feel more assured in pursuing their goals when they do not fear re-election. God knows what evils he could come up with. I'm basing this upon the evil he has already committed when he does fear losing a second term.

Sid

One can't have enough coffee breaks.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
I do not share Bill's optimism that the feud is over, though. The Clintons have completely lost their touch since the 90s. They are not serious politicians any more. They are has-beens and losers.
Then why bother posting this?
Must be strong stuff you are using.

bubblesort

Then why bother posting this?
Must be strong stuff you are using.
Did you read the thread title?

BILL Clinton is clearly speaking about the 2020 elections, and his wife's misadventures in 2016 are clearly influencing the 2020 presidential election.

I know this might be shocking, but not all threads have to go off topic here.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Is it considered unusual in the US for former presidents and presidential candidates to support their party's candidates in subsequent elections?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
A couple of interesting articles in The Guardian:

I like the photo that illustrates one of them:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
But if people are just going to roll over for him and not make demands of him, as seems to be the inclination when I hear gaslighting garbage, then we are going to get worse than Trump and probably in four years' time.
Christ! Can we please get him elected first before we start placing demands on him?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
At the same time, Trump is all over the media, every day, for the last 5 years, campaigning constantly, earning votes making an ass of himself.
FIFY

Trump had the luxury of Obama's economic coattail on which to ride for the first three years of his tenure. That coattail is gone, and Trump has been doing nothing but floundering, flailing, and making a general ass of himself ever since. He has splintered the GOP and caused a significant group of them known as the Lincoln Project to actually go out and announce their support for Biden. While Trump is committing political suicide, what has Biden been doing, you ask? The smartest thing he possibly could be doing right now: Keeping his mouth shut and letting Trump do all the work.

There's still three months between now and election day. There is no hurry at the moment to go stumping on the campaign trail. Everyone knows who Biden is, so that works in his favor. He doesn't need to spend time introducing himself to the country. And quite frankly, the less he speaks before the election, the less ammunition he potentially hands to the Trump campaign.

Democrats, and even a handful of Republicans, see one campaign issue, and one campaign issue only: Get rid of the Trumpasaurus Rex. One doesn't need to do very much campaigning on those grounds. And most of us Democrats fully realize that most, if not all, of Biden's first term is going to be spent undoing all the damage Trump has done. There will be time enough to get down to the brass tacks of politics and deeper issues once that's done. When your house has done burned down to the ground and you are in need of shelter, you don't go shopping for wall decor.

ETA: Congratulations. You have actually made me write what is probably the longest post I've written since VVO came online. I'm usually known for my brevity.

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Secret Service director needs to prepare to remove Trump from office by force: Legal analyst

“Trump is going to lose,” said Mystal. “He will have to be taken away once he loses, and the first person who can do that is the head of the Secret Service. That’s how Trump forces us to think. We have to ask what [Mark] Esper thinks about moving the election. We have to start asking what Chad Wolf, Department of Homeland Stormtroopers, thinks about moving the election. That is where we are. And James Murray, who is Trump’s hand-picked head of the Secret Service … That guy is going to have a role to play before this is all over.”