2020 Democratic Primary

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
But the point is that they have no GD right taking the rest of us down with them over a fit thrown by entitled little whiners.
The type of person still throwing tantrums doesn’t care about other people, so it’s moot. They’d rather cling to conspiracy theories where the will of the (vast) majority is overthrown and they get to anoint an angry old grifter who pretends to be an outsider despite being in politics all his fucking adult life (well, when he could be bothered to have a job).

Some people are happy to take everyone else down with them if they don’t get their way. And we have a number of them on this board. They don’t care about honest discourse. They don’t care about reality or facts. They certainly don’t give a shit about anyone else. They’re unhappy, so everyone else has to be unhappy, too.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
To be absolutely clear, this is where we are while the Eeyore Gang bitches and moans about not getting their way:

The amount of triage that will need to be done if we can overcome the ratfuckery and cheating the GOP has in store for November cannot be overstated.

But, you know, let’s make sure to enable four more years of GOP rule because the DNC is all an powerful cabal denying Bernie stans the right to take over with their 25-30% support....

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤

Aeon Jiminy

Some people are happy to take everyone else down with them if they don’t get their way. And we have a number of them on this board. They don’t care about honest discourse. They don’t care about reality or facts. They certainly don’t give a shit about anyone else. They’re unhappy, so everyone else has to be unhappy, too.
Could you be any more, Karen?

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
She laughs at my jokes. :hellokitty:
Only the funny ones.

Anyone who can come up with "Eeyore gang" is happy in my book.

I'm stealing this, but will call it the "Eeyore brigade" in light of the "101'st combat keyboarding brigade" meme.
I started out using the phrase “Eeyore Democrats” but as so many of them aren’t, gang seems more fitting. Steal away.

As far as “happy” goes I’m continually amused that the people who lull around message boards fishing for negative attention always want to brand others as unhappy. The reality is we could create a new thread for them called “Bitching About Dems 24/7” while most of us kept perfectly happy in here discussing the reality and important issues of the primary. But they’d still come here because it’s all about the performative bitching, trolling, and outrage. They need someone to piss and moan at. The rest of us don‘t. But sure, I’m the “unhappy“ one.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Bullying people who don't agree with you isn't performance? Yeah, right.

• 1Aww
Reactions: Clara D.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Sure, it was a stupid thing for him to say. Sure, he's got some damage control to do. But, you know? He'd still be a far, far better President than the Orange Fuckapotamus currently occupying the White House. Multiple multitudes of better.

Keep than in mind when you cast your vote.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
Bullying people who don't agree with you isn't performance? Yeah, right.
No one bullies you, you fucking fruit loop. The little handful of you can keep trying to cry wolf and play victim when you push things to a point, but no one‘s going to buy it anymore. You’ve played this game too many times. You traffic in conspiracy and unrealistic tedium to shock us all with the jaw-dropping reveal that politicians aren’t perfect. Like we all haven’t had to accept candidates that weren’t our ideal. And — news flash — even the ones we like have baggage.We know. Because we’re not children throwing temper tantrums when the majority doesn’t vote our way.

Anyone that tries to engage you in good faith ends up hitting a brick wall because you don’t give a fuck about facts or consistency. As long as something confirms your worldview of “Dems are evil” it’s fine, even when it’s just edgelord youtube bullshit, while any news source that presents facts you don’t like — or god forbid something positive or nuanced — you scoff at it or ignore it because you’re all miserable hypocrites who blast nuance in others while constantly making excuses for your own inconsistencies.

You‘ve formed this little misery clique with the most obnoxious prats on the message board which would give most people pause, but not ya’ll. And why should it? You’re not here to engage with anyone else or have good faith conversations, but to win some imaginary game of “see, I told you so” that no one gives a shit about but you. Then, when your asshole antics get pushback you all cry that you’re being bullied. Even when you’ve spent pages and pages needling and being shitty to everyone else. It’s never you getting confronted on your behavior, but you being the victim. Because then you can lie to yourselves and pretend you‘re being brave or edgy iconoclasts or some shit instead of just wearing everyone else out with your obnoxiousness.

I don’t perform, cupcake. I’m just not obligated to be polite or give a fuck that you exist when you lot peddle your bullshit and deliberately provoke everyone else so you can get your masturbatory thrills acting like you’re somehow more enlightened.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
Sure, it was a stupid thing for him to say. Sure, he's got some damage control to do. But, you know? He'd still be a far, far better President than the Orange Fuckapotamus currently occupying the White House. Multiple multitudes of better.

Keep than in mind when you cast your vote.
I think his immediate response to this and the Reade nonsense demonstrates that he‘s getting better at addressing his fuckups and given that he’s always been a gaffe factory of sorts, that bodes well. With Reade he was firm in his denial without attacking Reade and without taking the bait and allowing the ratfuckers to go on a fishing expedition through his personal papers. With this he owned that he was too cavalier and familiar when speaking out of his lane. I mean, yes, it was a set-up, but he shouldn’t have fallen for it. It actually provides a meaningful contrast between Trump who can never admit a mistake, and Biden who, despite his many many faults has always had his empathy and his willingness to somewhat humble himself, so it might end up playing well with the suburban WW vote which is one demo we’re hoping to turn from 2016.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
The baby eating deep state cult thing is straight out of QAnon.
Which is why the person who wrote the op-ed used it for dramatic overkill, but right on time, here it is being presented as some kind of serious statement to clutch pearls over.