2020 Democratic Primary

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
20+ candidates and this is the best they could do. Just chomping at the bit to blame Bernie supporters instead of the POS they put up.

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
You bored, Cristalle?
I mean, it has to get boring being in that constant cycle of bitching and blaming because the candidates you support are all grifters with no answers and no desire or ability to unify enough people to govern anything bigger than a Wendys. In Vermont.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Monica Dream

MD 2020
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
20+ candidates and this is the best they could do. Just chomping at the bit to blame Bernie supporters instead of the POS they put up.
:qft:

Hell, take Bernie off the field and still you have to scratch your head at how they still didn't manage to do better. It wasn't because of a lack of choice!

Their failure to choose a better candidate ain't on Bernie supporters, not one bit. Regardless of what they try to claim.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
The fucking barn is burning down around us and *some* people are still lighting little fires in the corner and attempting to block the door.

Page after page after page they wrote about their earnest belief that the guy who is quietly showing people an exit is most definitely a rapist but that's falling apart so now it's time to move onto the next page after page after page complaint that the alternative is just as bad if not worse than the motherfucker who stormed the barn, threw everyone on the floor, doused it with gasoline and is standing in the doorway shooting a flamethrower while screaming insanity.

Last edited:

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Not sure what's hoping to be accomplished by tearing Biden a new one at this very late stage in the game, other than some epic level hindsight wailing and gnashing of teeth over how the DNC pretty well fucked everything up by failing to act cohesively. That's sort of water under the bridge.

It's either Biden or Trump in the fall. Time to move on and perhaps concentrate a bit less on attempting to undercut Biden at this point.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
If Bernie's supporters would have showed TF up and voted for him, you would have no reason to whine. Maybe he didn't actually have enough supporters. Just maybe. So take your misplaced blame somewhere else.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
You guys know that daring people to vote for Trump is really just goading people into voting for Trump, right?
You do know that people who act worse than children throwing a tantrum deserve to be treated as no more than worse than a child throwing a Tantrum, right?

But the point is that they have no GD right taking the rest of us down with them over a fit thrown by entitled little whiners.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
If Bernie's supporters would have showed TF up and voted for him, you would have no reason to whine. Maybe he didn't actually have enough supporters. Just maybe. So take your misplaced blame somewhere else.
Not going to argue with you there. But again... many people do not start paying attention to the race until after the primaries are over. That was me until well into my 30s. Expecting these people to show up was a failing strategy. And even so - if they'd coalesced around someone else, I wouldn't be nearly as incensed as I am about Biden. If they coalesced around Amy Klobuchar, this would have been a much easier pill to swallow.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Not sure what's hoping to be accomplished by tearing Biden a new one at this very late stage in the game, other than some epic level hindsight wailing and gnashing of teeth over how the DNC pretty well fucked everything up by failing to act cohesively. That's sort of water under the bridge.

It's either Biden or Trump in the fall. Time to move on and perhaps concentrate a bit less on attempting to undercut Biden at this point.
The primary isn't over. He could step down, and let one of the others un-suspend their race, go to the convention and do their thing. If the primary was over, I'd see your point but people are making it clear that there is still time to change direction.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aeon Jiminy

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Question for former Bernie supporters -- the elections are less than 6 months away.

At this point, assuming you're not trying to re-elect Trump and you've not already decided to vote -- perhaps having forced yourself to overcome grave reservations -- for Biden, what is your desired outcome in November and what do you think is the best way for you to help achieve that?

Do you, for example, think there's a realistic possibility of persuading the Democrats to select a candidate other than Biden?

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Not going to argue with you there. But again... many people do not start paying attention to the race until after the primaries are over. That was me until well into my 30s. Expecting these people to show up was a failing strategy. And even so - if they'd coalesced around someone else, I wouldn't be nearly as incensed as I am about Biden. If they coalesced around Amy Klobuchar, this would have been a much easier pill to swallow.
I do get that. I will never completely get over not having a President Elizabeth Warren. But that's not what happened. North Carolina was the pivot point in the Primary season. Heck, PA didn't even officially have our Primary, yet, although I already sent in my mail-in ballot.

It's decided. It is what it is. We either have 4 more years of Trump's insanity, this administration's heartless grifting, the constant racist/bigoted dog-whistles, the constant threats against Human Rights, the stacking of our courts with hard right unqualified Liberty University graduates and Frat boys and increasing threats of violence and oppression.

Or we don't.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
You guys know that daring people to vote for Trump is really just goading people into voting for Trump, right?
I'd like to address this, too. What kind of voter can be goaded into voting for Trump, or anyone for that matter? Certainly not a conscientious one.

Seriously, nana-nana-boo-boo, I'm going to vote for Trump because you said something I didn't like? What kind of civics/social studies classes did these people take? What kind of dedication do they give to their right to vote, other than to spite others?