Well, I didn’t go up on my roof, I went over to my niece’s + bf and we watched from… her roof! ha ha But at least we could all spot each other.
We saw , I think, Venus, but not Jupiter. Or vice-versa, I forget. Very cool to hear how quiet it was (close to downtown). No car sounds, birds, people, etc. And cold!
My nephew, or rather boyfriend of niece, got a little sunburned. Beer, ice-cream sandwiches, and pringles.
I think that almost as rememberable as watching the eclipse for me was the ride over in the metro. I have NEVER been in a train so packed. I should have left earlier but it didn’t even cross my mind. Oops
I’ve been in a packed metro before after shows or games, etc. but this was way beyond sardines level. I couldn’t help thinking about COVID and how I haven’t been among so many people in, well, years. I was scared there would be some kind of electrical problem and that we would all be stuck between stations and miss the eclipse. I was smooshed against the door, and at each station, people were pushing in even though there was no more room. LOL Fucking horror show. More dangerous than any ladder…
Anyway, watching the one minute of full eclipse without glasses was beautiful (not long enough) and well worth it.