"Florida Man" is still at it

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I prefer PizzaGaetz myself... (I know, there's no pizza - yet!)

GaetzGate: A Who’s-Who Guide To The MAGA-Loving Rep’s Sprawling New Scandal
Thanks for the helpful explainer to the various characters involved. I hadn't realised that Gaetz, like Trump and his offspring, has a rich daddy. If there's not such a word as scionocracy there ought to be.

I also learned from a link in the article that, at least in 2015, in Florida

Nearly a third of state lawmakers are millionaires, with two members of the Senate having net worths that top $20 million, according to newly filed disclosure reports.

Almost half of the Senate is in the millionaires club, and more than two dozen senators saw their net worths grow in the past year. Some reports remain to be filed, but so far no senator sits in the red financially, according to the reports posted on the Florida Commission on Ethics website.

In the House, about one-fourth of the 120 members have net worths stretching to seven figures.

This explains a lot about Florida politics (and US politics in general) I think.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If there's not such a word as scionocracy there ought to be.
Nepocracy is close. And benefits from all the negative connotations it brings.

(Even if their parents didn't hold office, they more than likely held plenty of political sway.)

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That makes at least as much sense as adding -gate to all scandals - ugh, its not the 'Water' hotel, people [sorry, pet peeve]
I can kind if get it though since a gate is like a door. Once the floodgate has been opened, it can't be easily closed until the water recedes. The water just has never returned to "normal" levels.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
In some cases, Mr. Gaetz asked women to help find others who might be interested in having sex with him and his friends, according to two people familiar with those conversations. Should anyone inquire about their relationships, one person said, Mr. Gaetz told the women to say that he had paid for hotel rooms and dinners as part of their dates.
That's certainly the story Gaetz has been sticking to.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
All the gross Gaetz stuff is leaking out now.

Gaetz allegedly showed off to other lawmakers photos and videos of nude women he said he had slept with, the sources told CNN, including while on the House floor. The sources, including two people directly shown the material, said Gaetz displayed the images of women on his phone and talked about having sex with them. One of the videos showed a naked woman with a hula hoop, according to one source.

• 1Gross
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Yes, but I'm a bit surprised that Nestor hasn't sprung to his adoptive father's defence, offering himself as an example of how Rep Gaetz's innocent and philanthropic generosity to young people has been misinterpreted in the past by the lying press.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Yes, but I'm a bit surprised that Nestor hasn't sprung to his adoptive father's defence, offering himself as an example of how Rep Gaetz's innocent and philanthropic generosity to young people has been misinterpreted in the past by the lying press.
I guess that all depends on how Nestor *really* feels about faux-dad.