Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Meanwhile, the IRS managed to botch our tax returns and we've yet to receive even the original stim check, much less any of the later ones.
They botched my original stim check by going by the wrong year's tax return, so I have to file for the credit on my taxes.
Still waiting to see if they've botched this one or not.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Meanwhile, the IRS managed to botch our tax returns and we've yet to receive even the original stim check, much less any of the later ones.
I did get the first one. I had to file zero income for 2020 to get it which should hit my account in about 3 weeks when I needed it last year. I expect they will screw me over on the new one since I didn't have to file 2019 and that only went out in mail yesterday. Thankfully my earnings were so low they owe me so they can't tack on interest or penalties. I filed 2020 Tuesday and it was accepted so the IRS has it but I'm sure they will find some way of delaying it or making me have to file for it next year. :mad:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Once you start e-filing, it's not a good idea to go back to snail mail without notifying the IRS. It screws things up every time.
Oh, i think he's been snailmailing them for a while, its just.... it didn't get processed properly.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oh, i think he's been snailmailing them for a while, its just.... it didn't get processed properly.
Oh you mean like how OR screwed up hubby's unemployment by not processing the claims because their online system was not functioning properly and saying they sent info snail mail to him to correct the problem HE NEVER RECEIVED and he has told them time after time after time that he never got the packet. He never got his payments and his unemployment is still screwed up.

It's really not surprising though. This is the sort of things that happens consistently whenever the Repugs occupy the White House and ruin the country.

I'm in the market for an earth type planet with slightly less gravity than Earth. Anyone know a good realtor?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Oh you mean like how OR screwed up hubby's unemployment by not processing the claims because their online system was not functioning properly and saying they sent info snail mail to him to correct the problem HE NEVER RECEIVED and he has told them time after time after time that he never got the packet. He never got his payments and his unemployment is still screwed up.

It's really not surprising though. This is the sort of things that happens consistently whenever the Repugs occupy the White House and ruin the country.

I'm in the market for an earth type planet with slightly less gravity than Earth. Anyone know a good realtor?
No, he always snailmails, they just screwed it up

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
No, he always snailmails, they just screwed it up
Ah. I get it now. Neither of you have ever e-filed and the Infernal Revenue Service bungled a return. That's even less surprising for me. I've seen it happen to other people. *knocks on wood*

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If you visit South Florida, beware the toilet iguana! How do so many iguanas get in Florida toilet bowls?

Finally, (and seriously) the state has done the right thing and has banned all invasive exotic species. It should have been done years ago.

I'm lucky now, we don't have iguanas in central Florida (our problems are armadillos and wild pigs with the occasional bad bear). Not to mention nasty, evil squirrels who are digging the shit out of my garden. :mad:

• 1Grumpy Cat
Reactions: Khamon

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Grumpy Cat for the evol baby squirrels digging the shit out of our gardens!

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Jesus, yet another rabbit hole for this shit.

Federal authorities are investigating potential sex trafficking violations by U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz, a probe that emerged from the prosecution of former Seminole County tax collector Joel Greenberg, according to a report by the New York Times.

Citing three people briefed on the matter, the Times reported Tuesday that Justice Department investigators are looking into whether Gaetz, a close ally of former President Donald Trump, had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl and paid for her to travel with him.

The probe of Gaetz reportedly stemmed from the investigation of Greenberg, who faces a slew of charges including sex trafficking of a child. He is currently slated to stand trial in June.
Greenberg resigned as tax collector in June, after he was arrested at his home by federal agents. He faces 14 charges, including allegations that he stalked a political opponent, illegally used a state database to create fake IDs and sex trafficked a minor.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This thread could quickly become The Florida Man...

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Rose Karuna