03-11-2011
SLU Posts
  • 1Sad
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Does this sort of nonsense happen in any other developed country? I mean, "Nazis are bad" shouldn't be a contentious statement.

Alaska official who defended Nazi license plates is removed from state discrimination board

Evernote link because paywall

After photos emerged on social media of a truck in Alaska bearing the vanity license plate “3REICH,” many lawmakers were quick to condemn the phrase, a reference to Nazi Germany.
But not Jamie Allard. The Anchorage Assembly member, who also sits on a state commission that investigates discrimination complaints, insisted that the personalized message on the plate was a benign translation from German of the word “realm.”

“If you speak the language fluently, you would know that [is] the English definition of the word,” she wrote on her official Facebook page, which is no longer online. “The progressives have put a spin on it and created their own definition.”
It continues

Within hours, elected officials and regular Alaskans all demanded an explanation from state officials: How had someone managed to get a vanity license plate bearing Nazi terminology?

On Saturday, one state lawmaker promised to find out, and later, one woman told the Anchorage Daily News that she had also spotted a Hummer with a license plate that read “FUHRER.”
But Allard, writing on Facebook later over the weekend, said she saw nothing wrong with either phrase. The Army veteran and mortgage company owner pointed out that “fuhrer” means “leader” and “reich” translates to “realm” — even though both words are closely associated with Adolf Hitler and his rule of Germany.
“Now, before you know it the German word Danke will be outlawed as it sounds close to Donkey,” she wrote in comments on her official Facebook page, according to screenshots posted to Facebook by another assembly member, Meg Zaletel.
Also

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Does this sort of nonsense happen in any other developed country? I mean, "Nazis are bad" shouldn't be a contentious statement.

Alaska official who defended Nazi license plates is removed from state discrimination board

Evernote link because paywall

It continues

Also

Well regarding Allard, I'm glad she showed her true face and was taken off the state discrimination board. Hopefully they'll kick her out of the Anchorage Assembly too.

Regarding Tucker Carlson's - "They're talking about American citizens here, they're talking about YOU".

Nope. NO, Tucker they are NOT talking about me because I'm not a white supremacist, racist, insurrectionist asshole trying to take over the Capitol, threatening politicians or bombing shit. Screw you Tucker, with a rusty screw driver.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Louisiana deputy's family denied burial plot by "whites only" cemetery

Deputy Darrell Semien was diagnosed with cancer in December. In the last month and 9 days of his life, Semien talked with his family about burial plans, telling them he wanted to be laid to rest at Oaklin Springs Cemetery because it was close to home.

“It was in their by-laws that the cemetery was ‘white’s only,’” says widow Karla Semien. “I just kinda looked at her and she said ‘there’s no coloreds allowed.’”

“Just blatantly, with no remorse, I can’t sell you a plot for your husband,” says Semien’s daughter, Kimberly Curly.

The President of the Oaklin Springs Cemetery Association, Creig Vizena, outlined the clause in their by-laws, which says “the right of burial of the remains of white human beings...” It’s a cemetery contract which he says dates back to the 50′s.

“It never came up,” says Vizena. “I take full responsibility for that. I’ve been the President of this board for several years now. I take full responsibility for not reading the by-laws.”

The Semien family says the anger they felt from racial remarks combined with the grief of losing a loved one is too much to process.

“There was nothing none of us could do, but we did it,” says Semien. “And to be told this is like we were nothing. He was nothing? He put his life on the line for them.”

“Everybody dies,” says Curly. “They bleed the same. You die. You’re the same color. Death has no color, so why should he be refused?”

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
At around 9 a.m. Monday, the shooter, Jeffrey Spaide, got into an argument with James and Lisa Goy, who lived across the street, while shoveling snow from his driveway, a release from the Luzerne County District Attorney's Office said.

The Goys were shoveling snow from their parking spots across the street onto Spaide's property, the release said. Spaide asked them to stop and the argument escalated quickly.

As they argued, the release says Spaide went into his house, retrieved a handgun, and came back outside firing multiple shots "at close range" at the Goys. He then went back into his house, pulled out an AR-style rifle, and fired at the injured Goys, "executing them," Binker said.
Spaide shot himself as the police arrived. Fucking horrible.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Only way I can think of someone dying from too much weed is if a bale of the stuff falls on their head.

(It's a bit like the phrase "misusing drugs," which always evokes for me images of stoners who are so out of it they're trying to stick joints into their ears and up their noses).

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly