Which Apocalypse Scenario Frightens You Most?

Sep 19, 2018
Portland, OR
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Anything that makes life permanently unbearable. If it's going to come to that I'll just kill myself. If civilization is going to come to an end from all of the nukes going off and everyone dieing slowly or quickly from radiation, place me at ground zero of one of them.

Sid

Only available with a mug of coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
Anything that makes life permanently unbearable. If it's going to come to that I'll just kill myself. If civilization is going to come to an end from all of the nukes going off and everyone dieing slowly or quickly from radiation, place me at ground zero of one of them.
In the case atomic bombs will fly back and forth I have nothing to worry about. I live within 2 miles from one of the NATO headquarters in Europe, so I will most likely vanish from earth as part of one of the first bombs thrown. Most likely I will never know what hit me then.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Sep 20, 2018
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
False vacuum collapse would be over before you knew it was coming.

AI takeover under control of hardcore religious nuts. That could take literally forever. And you'd be in unbearable pain all the time.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
What scares me most about that is that the HIggs-Boson field has a scary amount of energy, compared to all the other fields in the universe. An advanced enough civilization would have the technology to siphon some of it off, until one day the odds of quantum tunneling drops a decimal point or two or three and we have a whole new big bang event travelling around at the speed of causation (i.e., the speed of light, but it's only the speed of light because photons, being mass-less, get a free ride on the causation train).

Free

FIGHT FORUM AVATAR OPPRESSION
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
So that's the scenario that frightens me most, the one where we have already passed the tipping point and just don't know it yet.
If I were younger and in better health, this would be mine as well. I do think we're past the tipping point, but I won't be around long enough to worry about it except as an intellectual exercise.

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
Sep 24, 2018
I think we are, but I hope we aren't.

Tigar

🐯has been known to sip Tabasco from the bottle🐯
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 21, 2018
Avery Island
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts

Rose Karuna

It's cold, Xerdan is wearing a hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 24, 2018
Someplace new soon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 12, 2018
I live in 1920s Berlin
Pandemic.
I can survive pretty much all other scenarios I can imagine, I'm trained, I'm ready, bring it on.
But when a air born virus strikes, there's so little you can do and death is generally a lot painfuller and slower than many other deaths.

Mukatsuku

Jan 2, 2019
I asked my son the same question tonight and he said “That’s easy. Aliens that farm us for breeding stock and food supply”.

. . .

Sometimes I question the parenting choices I made.
Has he recently read "Under the Skin"? (very unlike the film version)

Jopsy Pendragon

Trump is a traitor - impeach the prince of lies
Sep 20, 2018
Hillcrest, San Diego, CA
Joined SLU
Jan 15 2004
SLU Posts
I hate traveling for the holidays, it's like 30%-50% of people in airports are coughing or are showing other visible signs of illness. Myself included, cough cough.

Every year it seems like that percentage goes up. 20% of our GDP going to healthcare, and we've got what looks like a perpetual non-lethal pandemic ... Clearly there's some kind of scam at work.

Jopsy Pendragon

Trump is a traitor - impeach the prince of lies
Sep 20, 2018
Hillcrest, San Diego, CA
Joined SLU
Jan 15 2004
SLU Posts
I asked my son the same question tonight and he said “That’s easy. Aliens that farm us for breeding stock and food supply”.

. . .

Sometimes I question the parenting choices I made.
Half the guys on this planet would probably volunteer for the breeding stock program ... ;)

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 24, 2018
USA, upper left corner
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
The one that keeps me up nights is the one where SLUniverse bogs down to the speed of molasses from all the lolcats, closes its doors and is replaced by

......................................oh holy shit.

Jan 11, 2019
Being over sensitised (anxiety depression) it would be more than understandable to be concerned about the global situation. I would be if I was back in my old severe anxiety state too!
North Korea are just flexing their 'little' muscle to let their population know that their leader is a mighty 'legend'
The chances of anything happening are very very small. I follow the global news and study whats been happening
I would be at more risk of having some drunk driver hitting my Ford XR8 than another war occuring.
I have never been pro meds until my anxiety/depression became serious after 13 years. My female GP kicked me hard and changed my mind. I am so glad she did. I have been on antidepressants since 1996 and they gave me my life back....just a small dosage too!
My career performance increased....my relationships improved and I am not teary and scared as I used to be.
Its like a diabetic having to take their insulin.....I just take my meds and have regular counseling for a 'tune up'
Its no different to a physical illness....sometimes we need the meds so we can have a solid platform on which we can function reasonably okay on a day to day basis.....with therapy :)
Meditation and Yoga are great tools too of course. If the anxiety & depression are effecting your quality of life the meds may be a good option to work with Natural Therapy/Remedies. (Subject to your GP's approval of course)
You are not alone here Bec....at all. I really hope you can post back....even if you just want a chat or ask a question you are more than welcome to :)
my kindest thoughts for you.....an amazing proactive person!

Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

Last edited:

Tigar

🐯has been known to sip Tabasco from the bottle🐯
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 21, 2018
Avery Island
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts