Unforgivable Crimes Against Food

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,395
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
9113
CHICAGO STYLE DEEP DISH PIZZA IS VALID! KETCHUP ON HOT DOGS IS GREAT!! CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE OVERRATED!!! SALMON IS CATFOOD!!! YOU'LL NEVER SILENCE THE TRUTH!!!
 

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,975
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
Returning to tomatoes, can I get a shout out for lentils (or beans) with slices of tomato?
I heard that the UK version of the common "large breakfast plate" is basically the same as the US version (bacon/sausage, eggs, potatoes, etc) with the addition of beans and sliced tomato. I dunno about it honestly, but I'd give it a try at least.

I'd definitely try the diced pickle and tomato for a hot dog, too.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Myficals

Nein!
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
502
Location
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
4075
I heard that the UK version of the common "large breakfast plate" is basically the same as the US version (bacon/sausage, eggs, potatoes, etc) with the addition of beans and sliced tomato. I dunno about it honestly, but I'd give it a try at least.
Grilled tomato generally. Slice tomato in half, stick it under the griller (that's the broiler to you) and take it out just before it burns, or you can fry it if you like. Also, you really should grill or fry some mushrooms too, and also a bit of black pudding. Plus, you really should fry your bread (a full English is not exactly a healthy start to the day).
 

Ashiri

√(-1)
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
936
Location
RL: NZ
SL Rez
2007
SLU Posts
-1
Tomatoes were on special this week so I bought about 1.5 kilograms of them to eat in salads or just on their own as fruit.
 
  • 1Like
  • 1Yay!
Reactions: RodeejahUrquan and Free

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
3,344
Location
USA, upper left corner
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
10461
Just out of curiosity, where does this crowd stand on chorizo con huevos?
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,698
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
Tomatoes were on special this week so I bought about 1.5 kilograms of them to eat in salads or just on their own as fruit.
I like tomatoes in salads, sandwiches, burgers, as salsa and as part of other recipes. But to eat one on its own, not so much. Maybe sliced, with a bit of sugar sprinkled on it, maybe.