Unforgivable Crimes Against Food

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Messages
3,540
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
0
I loves me some sprouts.
Can't make fresh salsa with those. So I'm counting myself as the lucky one.

Devil's Cabbage vs Fresh Salsa :p
 

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,698
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
I used to gag on brussel sprouts. Now, I actually somewhat like them, as long as they're cooked until tender. I'm also okay with cilantro. It has a strong taste, but not of soap. I like it in mexican tacos and in salsa.
 

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Messages
3,540
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
0
I used to gag on brussel sprouts. Now, I actually somewhat like them, as long as they're cooked until tender. I'm also okay with cilantro. It has a strong taste, but not of soap. I like it in mexican tacos and in salsa.
I made an awesome salsa, but I didn't write down the proportions so I need to figure out how may tomatoes to use to make it again. o_O

Tomatoes (?)
White Onion (1)
Garlic (1/2 bulb)
Cilantro (1 bundle)
Jalapenos (to taste)

I have a vintage Vitamix 4000 :D

 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,481
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
There were a lot of foods like brussel sprouts and spinach that I used to think I hated. Then I found out my mom just can't cook.

eta: My number one Unforgivable Food Sin is boiling the life out of innocent veggies.
 

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,084
SL Rez
2002
The most popular recipe site in German is called Chefkoch - the German word for chef, like in chef Ramsay.

Since it's featuring unfiltered, user generated content its got many lows amongst some highs - and a dedicated Tumblr blog to it, being called "Worst of Chefkoch", featuring pictures of the horrid meals including the recipes as well: Worst of Chefkoch

Even if you cannot understand the recipes - just look at the photos, that's more than disgusting enough.

For example just look at this lovely chicken on a tin can recipe, so yummy:



Or maybe you are more in for a Bratwurst tart? We got you covered, including much spinach and flour, so it must be for sure sooo yummy and healthy:



If you want a sausage cake, that's there, too:



Yummy!
 

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,481
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
Beer Butt Chicken is a true Southern delicacy. The beer creates steam that keeps the meat moist as it cooks, preventing dry rubbery chicken. Should be cooked outdoors on a covered grill.
 

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,698
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
"Beer butt"?
 

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,395
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
9113
Food cooked in/with beer is gross, beer is gross, ew.

So many outdoor bbqs ruined... RUINNEDEDED!!! NO, GOD NO, STOP ASSAULTING THE BRATS WITH YOUR SHITTY BUDWISER OR HOWEVER THE HELL YOU SPELL IT!!!
 

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
15,365
Location
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Food cooked in/with beer is gross, beer is gross, ew.

So many outdoor bbqs ruined... RUINNEDEDED!!! NO, GOD NO, STOP ASSAULTING THE BRATS WITH YOUR SHITTY BUDWISER OR HOWEVER THE HELL YOU SPELL IT!!!
You're wrong, that's bad, and you should feel bad.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Casey Pelous

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,698
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
Food cooked in/with beer is gross, beer is gross, ew.

So many outdoor bbqs ruined... RUINNEDEDED!!! NO, GOD NO, STOP ASSAULTING THE BRATS WITH YOUR SHITTY BUDWISER OR HOWEVER THE HELL YOU SPELL IT!!!
Methinks you've never had real beer. Anything mass-produced in the US isn't real beer. It's horse piss.
 

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
3,343
Location
USA, upper left corner
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
10461
Methinks you've never had real beer. Anything mass-produced in the US isn't real beer. It's horse piss.
Precisely, "a pre-processed piss precursor."

</pedantry>

ETA: Perfect for beer butt chicken, though.

Hey, Veritable, pass them boiled peanuts!
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale