The Make us Laugh Challenge Thread

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Years later, they get back together to discuss the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother for her 90th Birthday.

The first said, "I built a big house for our mother."

The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."

The third smiled and said, "I've got you, both beat. You know how Mom enjoys the Bible, and you know she can't see very well. I sent her a brown parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took 20 monks in monastery 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000.00 a year for 10 years, but it was worth it. Mom just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot will recite it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks:

"Milton she wrote the first son, "The house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house."

"Marvin," she wrote to another, am too old to travel. I stay home all the time, so I never use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!"

"Dearest Melvin," she wrote to her third son, "You were the only son to have the good sense to know what your mother likes. That chicken was delicious."

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

I would have no problem appearing in that video.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
In synagogue last Sabbath I heard a sweet, elderly lady in a nearby pew saying a prayer. She was so innocent and sincere that I just had to share it with you: Avinu she’ba’shamayin (Our Father in Heaven): this last year has been very tough. You have taken my favorite actors Sean Connery, Kirk Douglas and Diana Rigg; my favorite television host, Alex Trek; and Carol Reiner from Your Show of Shows, my favorite singer from the 50’s Little Richard, even Charlie Daniels and Kenny Rogers, my two favorite country western singers; and from sports your took Gale Sayers and my favorite basketball player Kobe Bryant.

I just wanted you to know that my favorite politicians are Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham…..Amen.

Jopsy Pendragon

Death to Nazis, Tyrants and Despots!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Laughing at someone else's pain
What a wuss!!

When I moved to AZ, we were arcing up to an INCH of skin burning ESD anytime we reached for a light switch or touched anything.

Got to the point where we'd touch the wall well away from circuits to ground ourselves more gradually. As the carpet aged, the static build-up decreased.

You can also take a dryer sheet and rub surfaces that generate static charges with it. It helps.

And FFS, stop using the damned computer as a ground!!!! each zap is like bending/unbending a paperclip. It can handle several and then it's just gonna be too weak and snap.

ETA: I own that chair, I live in a desert climate... never had any problems like that with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Knutz Scorpio