The 2024 U.S. Presidential race

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403
Donald Trump is the Fattest American President in Over 100 Years

This is, in some ways, not an important question, and it’s cruel to shame people about their weight.

However, since Trump himself thinks it’s very important to judge people on the basis of weight and looks, we feel it’s ok to delve into the president’s weight compared with his predecessors. Just look at Trump’s Truth Social and all the times he fat shamed Chris Christie.
 

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,703
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,694
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,703
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
Another great reason not to vote for RFK Jr.

What does he even hope to accomplish by doing that? Budget transparency? How many Americans even know how to read a blockchain?

Here's an idea: If you want budget transparency, post the budget and expenditures on the internet!
 

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403


I've been thinking for months, now, that the coming election could genuinely be a bloodbath - for the GOP. I may end up being totally wrong (I was in 2016) but I can't think of a single sign that bodes positively for Trump.

Good.
 

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,703
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535


I've been thinking for months, now, that the coming election could genuinely be a bloodbath - for the GOP. I may end up being totally wrong (I was in 2016) but I can't think of a single sign that bodes positively for Trump.

Good.
I, for one, will not cry at the GOP's funeral.
 

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403
I guess it's better than Trump coverage, where everything he does is aimed at winning in November so he can smite his enemies.
Compared to Biden, who wants to make weed available to EVERYBODY!!! :dance:

 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
I have to confess that I absolutely hate the mocking references to Trump wearing diapers. The same way I hated Trump mocking a disabled man by flailing his arms. Physical disabilities are not moral failings.

Even the fact that Trump's alleged incontinence is due to Adderall abuse doesn't, to my mind, excuse making this a target for jokes. Neither does the fact that Trump acts like a toddler. NONE of that is a valid excuse for mocking physical failings. None of it.

So yeah, real men DO wear diapers. Because loss of bowel control has nothing to say about the moral worth of a person.

I won't claim I haven't laughed at of these jokes, btw, but I always disappoint myself when I do.
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,884
SL Rez
2007
I have to confess that I absolutely hate the mocking references to Trump wearing diapers. The same way I hated Trump mocking a disabled man by flailing his arms. Physical disabilities are not moral failings.

Even the fact that Trump's alleged incontinence is due to Adderall abuse doesn't, to my mind, excuse making this a target for jokes. Neither does the fact that Trump acts like a toddler. NONE of that is a valid excuse for mocking physical failings. None of it.

So yeah, real men DO wear diapers. Because loss of bowel control has nothing to say about the moral worth of a person.

I won't claim I haven't laughed at of these jokes, btw, but I always disappoint myself when I do.
Strongly agree. It bothers me a lot that many on the left will sink to their level when mocking the disabled. It also bugs me how many people I've seen on twitter make fun of Greg Abbot for being in wheelchair, or DeSantis for being short. It doesn't help us to hit below the belt just because some right wingers do too.

It is okay to make fun of Trump for his face paint, because that's something he does to himself, but not for obesity of physical health issues.
 

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403
Let's reconsider the definition of political satire, ok?

I have disabled people in my immediate family, but none of them are trying to overturn the government to make themselves king. I believe while we're fighting against the most horrible cartoon villain in our history we can be allowed to use whatever methods we have to expose him for the weak, doddering idiot he is. Some of us take the high roads, fine, but I'm not going to limit myself in speaking out against the Tyrant with a squirrel on his head. If I could scream online, I would.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Meh
Reactions: Soen Eber

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,884
SL Rez
2007
Let's reconsider the definition of political satire, ok?

I have disabled people in my immediate family, but none of them are trying to overturn the government to make themselves king. I believe while we're fighting against the most horrible cartoon villain in our history we can be allowed to use whatever methods we have to expose him for the weak, doddering idiot he is. Some of us take the high roads, but I'm not going to limit myself in speaking out against the Tyrant with a squirrel on his head. If I could scream online, I would.
There are so many valid ways to attack Trump on his behavior and lack of ideals. I don't think we ALSO need to bring up how he poops his pants and also by extension insult everyone else with incontinence issues.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,694
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
When I make fun of slogans like "Real Men Wear Diapers," I'm not mocking Trump for his incontinence, or his use of diapers, or what have you. (Though he certainly makes it difficult to avoid, considering he's not above mocking others for their physical disabilities, weight, or what have you.)

Rather, I'm mocking the MAGA crowd for trying to adopt it as a rallying cry. I mean, really - do you think Trump loves it?
 

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403
I have a world full of empathy for others, especially the disabled. But in the real world, the rest of humanity (especially the privileged) can kiss my ass if they don't help protect those less privileged.

I refuse to censor my own feelings when it comes to subjects that are threatening my family and my way of life. I know it's just my anger speaking, but I also know what it's like to hold that much anger inside. Not gonna do that. Wouldn't be healthy. VV is my "safe place" to rant how I really feel.

Right now, there's one major candidate who actually does threaten my family and I'd love nothing better than to (insert violent fantasy) on DT's fucking face. I wouldn't kill him but it would make me feel a whole lot better.
 
  • 1Hug
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau and Govi

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,884
SL Rez
2007
I have a world full of empathy for others, especially the disabled. But in the real world, the rest of humanity (especially the privileged) can kiss my ass if they don't help protect those less privileged.

I refuse to censor my own feelings when it comes to subjects that are threatening my family and my way of life. I know it's just my anger speaking, but I also know what it's like to hold that much anger inside. Not gonna do that. Wouldn't be healthy. VV is my "safe place" to rant how I really feel.

Right now, there's one major candidate who actually does threaten my family and I'd love nothing better than to (insert violent fantasy) on DT's fucking face. I wouldn't kill him but it would make me feel a whole lot better.
Nobody's saying you have to love Trump. Far from it. I'm just saying that if you make fun of people you don't like, you don't want to also make fun of people you like who just have a similar trait that has nothing to do with why you don't like Trump.