WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
After Gamergate and so on, I guess this shouldn't surprise me. But the idea that any GM could possibly think this was in any way a good idea...

I've had a DM do that to me. It's fucking disturbing, to say the least.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I had my character raped and killed back in the late '70s and I still remember her. She's just a long lost character sheet by now, but I remember she was an albino elf thief named Athondeas (don't hold me to the spelling). I don't have a clue about the names of any of my other characters from that era.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
More eyeroll-worthy WTF:

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I had my character raped and killed back in the late '70s and I still remember her. She's just a long lost character sheet by now, but I remember she was an albino elf thief named Athondeas (don't hold me to the spelling). I don't have a clue about the names of any of my other characters from that era.
Yeah there's no way I'm not going to make certain judgments about why a GM would spring a situation like that on his players.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Quest Diagnostics, a name there's a very high chance you will know if you ever had blood work done in a region with a smaller medical system, or if you've ever had to get drug testing done for an employer, has been hacked.

According to Quest, the American Medical Collection Agency, a billing collections provider, was targeted in the data breach. Information that may have been exposed included “certain financial data, Social Security numbers, and medical information” of 11.9 million Quest patients.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

This could be YUGE, but only if it comes to more than a harshly-worded letter.

I'm not saying I'm necessarily demanding these companies be broken up unless the investigation's results actually call for that (although they well might); but I want some legislation and regulations with teeth, and I want someone besides the companies themselves policing their compliance. It should not take too much effort to get the GOP on board; Trump would get a microboner at the chance to sign a bill that punishes Amazon.

And after the anti-trust probe is done I want to see online privacy reform become an agenda of serious and extended discussion.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Yeah that's like freshman-class civics stuff.

Does he know the election schedule for senators?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts

Myficals

Pop!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
After Gamergate and so on, I guess this shouldn't surprise me. But the idea that any GM could possibly think this was in any way a good idea...

So during the early to mid nineties, when I was actively involved in the Aussie gaming con scene, the trendy thing to do was writing "cathatic" games. In retrospect, it was really just an excuse to put people through the wringer, by subjecting the characters through all sorts of shit. Generally speaking, these were all pre-genned characters, written to be used in specific games/stories. There was a little more emotional distance than what happens with the typical rpg group: in a sense, it's not really your character, just one you're playing. Even still, some of things I recall being put through we're pretty confronting and near on 25 years later, some of the memories are still strong. Having said that, I never had a character gang raped, nor do I recall any games where that happened. That would have been a step too edgy, in an era where being edgy was a thing.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows

danielravennest

SLU Posts
To be honest, I thought our 3 year terms were short but 2 year terms is crazy.
The original idea was representatives would gather *once* in each Congress, for a few months, to do whatever legislating needed doing. Then they would go back to their normal lives. The US population has increased by about 75 times in the interim, while the number of representatives has only increased by about 5 times. So it has become a full time job. We have also become much less represented, in terms of representatives per million people.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
So Sarah Huckabee Saunders' dad said this.

His observation has not gone down well with others besides our own Sredni Eel , either...