Police Brutality Protests Thread

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
While I do agree that sometimes it takes more than one person to bring down a person threatening violence, far too often we see what appears to be a surge of testosterone and no regard for the laws they are charged with carrying out.

It does appear that officers are capable of controlling themselves and that the atmosphere in which they are trained plays a large role. For example: One group of officers approaches a subject with the intent to disarm. They follow laws regarding suspect capture and disarm him. Another group approaches, one trained that the public is always trying to kill them, that they might not go home that night, that the man is a dangerous enermy, and you have an entirely different response; a more lethal one.

ETA: They might not actually go home that night due to our gun laws. Not justifying it in any way, cuz fuck corrupt and violent cops, but acknowledging that plays a role, too.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
While I do agree that sometimes it takes more than one person to bring down a person threatening violence, far too often we see what appears to be a surge of testosterone and no regard for the laws they are charged with carrying out.

It does appear that officers are capable of controlling themselves and that the atmosphere in which they are trained plays a large role. For example: One group of officers approaches a subject with the intent to disarm. They follow laws regarding suspect capture and disarm him. Another group approaches, one trained that the public is always trying to kill them, that they might not go home that night, that the man is a dangerous enermy, and you have an entirely different response; a more lethal one.
There's a lot wrong with our police in the UK still, but they certainly are trained to prevent harm to members of the public, including the suspect as far as possible. Though, of course, they don't have to operate on the assumption that anyone they encounter may have a concealed firearm. But the fact of the matter is that they can usually defuse situations, and when they can't, they can usually subdue suspects pretty quickly without anyone getting badly hurt.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
There's a lot wrong with our police in the UK still, but they certainly are trained to prevent harm to members of the public, including the suspect as far as possible. Though, of course, they don't have to operate on the assumption that anyone they encounter may have a concealed firearm. But the fact of the matter is that they can usually defuse situations, and when they can't, they can usually subdue suspects pretty quickly without anyone getting hurt.
Agreed. See my belated ETA.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Agreed. See my belated ETA.
Certainly, and I agree the ubiquity of guns in the US doesn't excuse the way the US police behave -- even in circumstances when the British police do execute armed raids on suspected drugs dealers or terrorists whom they have every reason to believe have firearms, they very rarely need to shoot.

But I do understand that it's a genuine difference between the UK and the US.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
What am I looking at here; a pile of shields? I don't see any smashed doors or windows, either. Where is the "storming" part of the insurrection?
He conveniently ignored the fact that they were there counterdemomstrating against the fascists (magas), and it was the latter who chose the location.
Also, I think these guys are using the word "insurrection" the way Vizzini in The Princess Bride used "inconceivable".

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Why the fuck would anyone start with Oregon?!?!
Portland cops are renowned for turning on the citizenry to protect various militia groups imported from across the USA. Oregon is basically the test bed and training ground with far right groups being bussed in like it's a parade.

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Portland cops are renowned for turning on the citizenry to protect various militia groups imported from across the USA. Oregon is basically the test bed and training ground with far right groups being bussed in like it's a parade.
Portland isn't the capitol though. Salem is. It's never been Portland

Google "capitol of oregon" and you get this:

Oregon's state capital has had a tumultuous history. Over the years, the government seat moved from Oregon City to Salem to Corvallis—then back to Salem. Two state Capitol buildings have burned to the ground and been replaced. The main structure of the current building was completed in 1938.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Portland isn't the capitol though. Salem is. It's never been Portland

Google "capitol of oregon" and you get this:
Well, our capitol is St. Paul, too, but it is always the Mpls cops who violate human rights. So...what happens in Portland is relevant.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Well, our capitol is St. Paul, too, but it is always the Mpls cops who violate human rights. So...what happens in Portland is relevant.
Portland and Salem are not in the same metropolitan area, unlike Minneapolis-St. Paul.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Portland and Salem are not in the same metropolitan area, unlike Minneapolis-St. Paul.
I know, but the state capitol isn't necessarily the seat of unrest, other than that is where the capitol building is and therefore has displays like what we saw. That is what I was getting at.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I posted good information. Outside the I5 corridor Oregon is Kentucky but worse all in seething resentment about those Libtards in THEIR STATE.

And Portland is still used as far right militia training ground with the help of the local PD. Salem's not a long drive to do some other bullshit exercise.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir