Police Brutality Protests Thread

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
IDK about election interference in July, when neither major party has any ground game in the election. You can't interfere with people knocking on doors and putting out yard signs if almost nobody is doing that. We will see how this pans out as time goes on, though.

I do worry about escalation tonight, though. When I've participated in protests and watched live streams of them, the police always seem to be the most viscous at the end of a demonstration. It's like a climax at the end of a performance, put on by psychopaths. They want to kettle and brutalize demonstrators on their way home, not when the demonstration is at full strength on the steps of a capitol building, with old media cameras everywhere. That makes me worry that the feds will try to inflict maximum damage on their way out, between today and tomorrow, when they are supposed to leave. Watch the streams tonight for things that might 'slip under the radar' of the big media outlets.
Actually you can interfere now by interfering with the postal system.

• 1Agree
Reactions: bubblesort

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I love the protests so much.

I get so upset, so angry, so enraged, so depressed at the constant deluge of outrages I just don’t know what to do. But then I see the protests on Twitter and it gives me so much hope. The tears come and the rage melts away.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Y'all are not going to like this, and the only reason I'm posting it here is that his thread has undergone three different name changes.

Two men die in separate shootings in Minneapolis

Violent crime as in murder, rape are up 95% from last year. I don''t think I need to tell you that much of this is on my back doorstep.Meanwhile that City Council that called for not just defunding but removal of the police force is using taxpayer dollars for their own personal 24 hour around the clock security.

Those of us left here are dealing with police that don't wanna do a single thing except pick up dead bodies and a city council that protects themselves, but doesn't give a fuck about the rest of us. Yeah, I mean that.

Can we get some adults in the room, stat? Thank you.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I saw this today and I just don't have words. The police are having EMTs inject suspects with Ketamine. WTF? 🤕 Is this even legal?

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
And now this: Tennessee gov signs bill upping penalties on some protests

If you protest too long [camp while protesting] in Tennessee on state property you can be arrested for a felony, get six years in prison and lose your right to vote.

Most notably, the new law now states that those who illegally camp on state property would now face a Class E felony, punishable by up to six years in prison, rather than a misdemeanor. Felony convictions in Tennessee result in the revocation of an individual’s right to vote.

The bill also imposes a mandatory minimum 45-day hold if convicted of aggravated rioting; enhances the fine for obstructing emergency vehicles from accessing highways; requires a court to order restitution for damaging state property; and creates a Class C felony offense for aggravated assault against a first responder — which carries a $15,000 fine and mandatory minimum 90-day prison sentence.