Police Brutality Protests Thread

bubblesort

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
1,990
Yes, there was a shooting in the 9th/10th Street ramp (there was a murder in the 7th Street one the other day) and the suspect shot himself in the head at 8th/Nicollet, captured on camera, as the police closed in on him.
Who commits suicide at a protest? Let me guess... suicide by two shots in the back of the head?

Stay safe out there!
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
He is probably going to keep saying that he doesn't want to defund the police, Trump does.
If you believe that Trump will defund the police, may I point you to that Utopia he promised during the 2016 election whereby we would all have "the very best healthcare coverage."

In fact, if you believe a single word that comes out of that mouth, a man who sends in his goons to an American city, I don't know what can be done.
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Who commits suicide at a protest? Let me guess... suicide by two shots in the back of the head?

Stay safe out there!
It was not at a protest. He was the suspect of a shooting and shot himself as they were closing in on him. It was the cause of the protest, actually more of a free-for-all, as members of a crowd declared that the police had shot him. His death was recorded by city cameras, which was released within 90 minutes in an effort to quell the upset.
 

bubblesort

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2018
Messages
1,990
If you believe that Trump will defund the police, may I point you to that Utopia he promised during the 2016 election whereby we would all have "the very best healthcare coverage."

In fact, if you believe a single word that comes out of that mouth, a man who sends in his goons to an American city, I don't know what can be done.
Oh yeah, I totally agree with you. I don't mean I think Trump will defund the police. I'm saying Biden is saying Trump wants to defund the police.
 

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065
Oh yeah, I totally agree with you. I don't mean I think Trump will defund the police. I'm saying Biden is saying Trump wants to defund the police.
Trump wants to abolish sactuary cities, which means municipal law enforcement in those places would be enlisted to enforce federal law, for example when going after undocumented immigrants. The consequence of this - if Trump succeeds - will be police departments that are largely absent when needed - except that people are still going to pay for them.
 

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
1,459
Location
Arizona
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
420
Oh yeah, I totally agree with you. I don't mean I think Trump will defund the police. I'm saying Biden is saying Trump wants to defund the police.
Bullshit. Where and when did he say that?
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,424
SLU Posts
18459
Bullshit. Where and when did he say that?
When Biden said Trump “proposes cutting a half a billion dollars of local police support,” he was referring to a proposed budget cut of $465.8 million to the Office of Justice Programs, which provides grants to communities for different public safety issues.

One of the office’s hallmark programs is the Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Program, which was created by the 1994 crime bill that Biden wrote as a senator. The program provides hiring grants for community-based policing.

It’s unclear how much funding will be cut from the COPS program next year because Trump and Congress have yet to agree on a 2021 budget, but the office that it sits under is looking at a 20% budget loss, from $2.3 billion to $1.85 billion -- about half a million dollars, as Biden said. [ETA -- this must be typo for "billion"]
 
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: bubblesort and Archer

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
1,459
Location
Arizona
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
420

Tigar

🥧 Because Pie 🥧
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
1,459
Location
Arizona
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
💨 💨 🥧
SLU Posts
420

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403
WTF is going on in our country anymore? Robert Heinlien’s Crazy Years is alive and well.
I view the player and sports media positions on social justice to be refreshing for a change. The entire Milwaukee Bucks team walked out yesterday to demonstrate for social justice. That's the way to get more attention for your cause. I consider it to be a positive - unlike the general reaction to Kaepernick taking a knee.

Major social changes are needed in my country right now, and we don't get there by playing pattycake. Major change requires major action. Or in the words of my mother "You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs."
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,682
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565