Nobody Cares: PRS

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts

ok boomberg
It seems simple to me (a young Boomer by some definitions). If you discriminate against someone because of age, that’s wrong. If you criticize someone because they’re acting like a right wing entitled idiot, that’s political criticism, and being so entitled nobody can give you feedback is snowflakery at best.

Sid

Lurking until the next post
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Whatever, it is not Arabic and ....
it is a post from 2017!
So, well done Kamilah, great research. :)

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
Whatever, it is not Arabic and ....
it is a post from 2017!
So, well done Kamilah, great research. :)
There's also the fact that few if any US Starbucks carry doughnuts.

However, the real giveaway that this is laughably bogus is this: "Starbucks" and "offering free" is an oxymoron.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Isabeau

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There's also the fact that few if any US Starbucks carry doughnuts.
really? every starbucks i've been in i go and get a doughnut since i don't drink coffee to mingle with my comrades..

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
really? every starbucks i've been in i go and get a doughnut since i don't drink coffee to mingle with my comrades..
Well, then, I'm completely full of hooey on that point. Understandable -- I don't think I've actually been in a Starbucks for at least five years. I thought they were all about snootier pastries!

I take it we can safely assume your doughnuts do not include cryptic writing said to advocate Shakira law?

Sid

Lurking until the next post
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
I've never been in a Starbucks so far,
I take it we can safely assume your doughnuts do not include cryptic writing said to advocate Shakira law?
Maybe they are baked in the inside these days to fool the Donald..... :eek:

• 1OMG!
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Well, then, I'm completely full of hooey on that point. Understandable -- I don't think I've actually been in a Starbucks for at least five years. I thought they were all about snootier pastries!

they gotten healther since the last time you went there. Theres small selection of bottled organic juices, mini snacks.

They Make tiny breakfast sandwiches or yogurt or bagel... basically anything that compliments your coffee. Bigger locations sometimes even do lunch or protein bowls. Go to a location near a college or university. It's loaded.

Its just an old fashioned handmade doughnut. nothing like the one above.. which looks closer to the vile krispe creme.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
they gotten healther since the last time you went there. Theres small selection of bottled organic juices, mini snacks.

They Make tiny breakfast sandwiches or yogurt or bagel... basically anything that compliments your coffee. Bigger locations sometimes even do lunch or protein bowls. Go to a location near a college or university. It's loaded.

Its just an old fashioned handmade doughnut. nothing like the one above.. which looks closer to the vile krispie creme.
You dare to call Krispy Kreme vile? :eek: :slu:

• 1Grumpy Cat
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Kalel

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
On a similar subject,

However, I have to say I don't know what the journalist means by
The law sometimes moves slowly when it comes to social change.

But a recent succession of cases involving professional discrimination against transgender individuals suggest that the legal world is catching up.
Discrimination in against people on the grounds of gender reassignment (with certain exceptions, but none of them relevant to this case) has been unlawful in the UK since the Equality Act 2010 came into force, and there's also a considerable body of Human Rights Act and ECHR case law built up over the years.

So unless I've missed something important, it's long been settled law in the UK that discriminating against Ms Moore in her employment because she's trans is illegal as would be discriminating against someone because she's black, or an atheist, or gay.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts

Its just an old fashioned handmade doughnut. nothing like the one above.. which looks closer to the vile krispe creme.
Consider getting one of these (DeLonghi Dedica EC685) instead of throwing your money at Starbucks:

That's a perfectly okay entry level portafilter espresso machine. Much cheaper in the long run and you can make all kinds of coffee with it. Tastes better, too.

(If you feel like spending more money, the Rancilio Silvia or Gaggia Classic would be an upgrade to the machine from the video.)

Last edited: