Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
First, chief executive Tom Olsen turned an interview into a PR disaster by telling the reporter that “we are about disproving true facts” – effectively confirming the concerns that have been widely expressed about his organization’s real mission.

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Quote I just found:

The goal of education is to provide society with citizens.

From a comment here:

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
That sounds like the second weirdest tech keynote ever.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
The CES 2020 will open its doors tomorrow with a key note being delivered by... Ivanka Trump. What's her expertise in that type of field again to be a keynote speaker, other than being fat daddy's lil daughter?

There has been a long effort to get a woman as a keynote speaker (Ivanka will be the first) as well as more diverse panels. So bringing in a political hack with no significant experience in either the subject of her talk or technology in general is a direct slap in the face to women who are active in the industries represented at CES.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Well there are enough females in that type of area which have expertise, e.g. Brianna Wu, which I guess could speak about many interesting topics. So bringing in Ivanka just really shows that the Trumps do view America as their kingdom and are treating it as such.

Last edited:

Sid

Lurking until the next post
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
If you want one an Obama, Cinton or Bush to say a few words, you have to pay up big time as well.
I guess same goes for a Trump these days. Inviting them sells big bundles of expensive tickets. I don't really see your point.
Capitalizing a presidency is everyday business in the USA and Ivanka is not the president, so why not?

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
If you want one an Obama, Cinton or Bush to say a few words, you have to pay up big time as well.
I guess same goes for a Trump these days. Inviting them sells big bundles of expensive tickets. I don't really see your point.
Capitalizing a presidency is everyday business in the USA and Ivanka is not the president, so why not?
Point is that they have frozen out women who are leaders in the industry since the first CES show in 1957. There has never been a woman as the keynote speaker, despite people like Meg Whitman (HP), Sheryl Sandberg (Facebook), Amy Hood (Microsoft), Ursula Burns (Xerox), Angela Ahrents (Apple), and on and on and on having significant roles in the the industry.

To invite an empty suit with no experience or knowledge as the first woman to give the keynote address is an insult to the women who actually contribute to CES.