Nobody Cares: Gaming Edition

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Mei. Capable damage, capable defence, annoying if you put walls in frustrating places.
As Zarya I hated Mei. Then I played her! I'd play her more often now, but I keep having to choose tank or healer so the team won't be without. But Mei is a lot of fun to play.

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
So I worked my way up to level 41 or so playing against medium AI in Overwatch, playing entirely Zarya, Mercy and Mei. Sometimes it's pretty hard and the AI puts up a good fight, and we've even lost a few times, but usually it's a bot hunt. I hardly ever die. The hard AI has no better strategy but really good aim. It's kinda frustrating.

So I had the bright idea I'd try quick play. Human opponents. It's supposed to match you against players of your skill level. I got my butt kicked, hard, repeatedly. Will it adjust and eventually give me opponents as incompetent as I am or do I just suck so badly I'll never enjoy this game? :)

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
After releasing a video showing off their beautiful new Discovery-version of the Enterprise, a couple of days later Star Trek Online announced that it would only be available in lockboxes (STO's version of lootboxes) and players are extremely upset about this.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
After releasing a video showing off their beautiful new Discovery-version of the Enterprise, a couple of days later Star Trek Online announced that it would only be available in lockboxes (STO's version of lootboxes) and players are extremely upset about this.
Why they didn't just make it an appearance option for the standard Enterprise available in the C-store

I know what that is, but the 75-ohm version one is better, you'll get a better picture if your TV has a 75-ohm input:

You can find a modern version that works with the NES/SNES as well as the older machines, but really, hook your NES up with the separate audio/video outputs not the RF. And use a S-video cable with your SNES!

And for goshsakes use a Component cable with your PS2! That is if you don't have a nice deluxe CECHA/CECHB/CECHE PS3 model that can play PS2 games, which of course I do.

And you should spank people who call Atari cartridges or Nintendo Game Paks, "atari tapes" and "nintendo tapes".

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
So I am at a large community festival and standing behind me in line for chili cheese fries is a guy wearing a shirt with a red handprint and the text "We know." So when my order comes up I grabbed my food and whispered "Heil Sithis" as I walk past. Got a good laugh after a pause.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
So...I got GTA V some time ago. I got the pack that gives me some things online, um..Premium Online Edition. I haven't mucked about online at all because I generally hate online.

This month, in addition to all I am supposed to already have with the Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack, Amazon via Twitch is giving away $1.25 million so I thought I'd take them up on the offer. My plan was to have all the fun I could in single player before delving into online because I've heard nothing but bad.

I tried to retrieve it, but it says I must complete the tutorial (online tutorial apparently?) before I can redeem. So, I tried to start an online game, but all that happens is that it sits endlessly on the map screen. So, I figured out that I had to create a character. I completed the tutorial which consisted of a race then delivering some drugs even though I didn't actually deliver anything. Another person did. They then wanted to friend me and I said sure. I got a message stating that assorted things were available to me now from the Enterprise pack, but I didn't know where to find them on the map. I assume I have to find them manually?

My question to all you GTA V people who have been online and are experienced. What do I need to watch out for? It said I had something like $2600 and I think, 1 mill in bank. It said something about people being able to kill me and take my money, lol. So, I need to find atm's, in particular it seems like the Enterprise pack has already taken care of that for me, but when I redeem the 1.25 mil from Amazon Twitch,I will need to find an atm?

Oy, Now I know why I stick with single player, lol.

Any guidance appreciated and thank you.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Govi

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Jolene Benoir you can deposit money on your phone in game, you don't have to find an ATM. If you'd like to play sometime, let me know - I have played GTA Online on and off for a long time, so I can show you how to make some money and some missions that are fun to level up with.

• 1Love
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Jolene Benoir you can deposit money on your phone in game, you don't have to find an ATM. If you'd like to play sometime, let me know - I have played GTA Online on and off for a long time, so I can show you how to make some money and some missions that are fun to level up with.
That would be awesome and thank you so much. I will pm you.