Nobody Cares: Gaming Edition

Imnotgoing Sideways

Puts the FU in Cute
So you played Lucio "the caress slowly to death" hero all over that match (on Oasis there's not so much where you can boop them to death), and had the most eliminations but lost due to your team mates not doing their job? Now that's what I do really call a bad team, which doesn't care at all. Typical for silver/bronze ranks, and thanks to Blizzard and their inability to provide role queues/relevant match making quite the norm of what you can expect in Overwatch.
Gladly, it's an exception to the norm. But, not tooooo much of an exception. More common are complaints that I'm "not healing" while I have a 12M radius and everyone is spread 25M apart. (-_-)

Bartholomew Gallacher

Well Lucio is an AoE heal with mediocre base HPS, so you'll always need a dedicated main healer hero as well. One Lucio alone is unable to keep the team alive, while maybe a good Mercy/Moira/Ana could fit the bill.

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
The best game of 2018 Crosscode got an update today. Something about an arena and another quest yadda yadda.

None of that matters because it's not the addition of pets. In both forms of the word.

• 1Aww
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Free

I am your polar opposite opposite
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
John Wick is officially in Fortnite
One of gaming’s worst-kept secrets is finally official: you can now play as John Wick in Fortnite. Today, developer Epic announced the latest crossover event for the battle royale game, which includes a number of features based on the slick assassin just ahead of the debut of John Wick: Chapter 3 this weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
He was unofficially in FortNite BR a while back, as the "Reaper" skin....with pencil pickaxe.

Also the npc Major Oswald in Save the World also resembles and sounds like an older Wick.

I was gifted a PSVR for my birthday.

Anya Ristow

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
I suck at Overwatch. This is against medium AI.

In my defense, I'm not a gamer. This is the first realtime game I've spend any time with since Dark Forces. I'm still at the stage of "I can stop shooting now because everybody who is left is on my team", and "that red isn't the enemy". If I'm lucky I get my ultimate off once per round without catching my own team in it. Combining ultimates? Knowing all the heroes' abilities, or even their names? Mastering my own damned energy? Uh, yeah.

Do the career averages even work in training mode? They don't look right.

I've played a lot of Zarya and some Mercy. I do better as Mercy, though I haven't learned her super jump.

Hell, I don't even understand everything that is on the screen half the time.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
I'm old and crusty and clumsy and enjoyed some casual Overwatch. Ones I found easiest:

Reinhardt. Staying near objective and angling shield in such a way that the gunners can hide behind you and shoot/knowing when to start swinging hammer. Takes very little by way of aim.

Junkrat. Dropping leg hold traps and bouncing grenades around corners as they come around. Getting capable with the mines can result in hilarity.

Agent 76. Very standard shoot-guy, with that heal cannister.

Lucio. Just keep moving around and healing. Stay with the tank if everyone else scatters. Very little damage but has his 'boop gun' fun for throwing targets off cliffs. Can do fun wall climbs with practice.

Orisa. Similar to Reinhardt. Drop shield where gunners can hide behind.

Reaper. Run up close to something and shoot them in the face.

Mei. Capable damage, capable defence, annoying if you put walls in frustrating places.

Torbjorn. Drop turret, repair turret, let turret do work. (Remember to upgrade it.) Gather scrap to issue armour packages.

Shout outs:
Symmetra. A little more complex with her toolbox but her short range gun is (was?) hold down the trigger and don't worry about aim.

Roadhog. He's such a meatball he can take some hits. Self heal. Also, point blank with his gun tends to flatten things. Chain takes practice, though.

eta: I'm out of date on some info, haha

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Anya Ristow