Nobody Cares: Gaming Edition

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
So...went into online again. Because I had completed the tutorial the $1.25 million Amazon/Twitch money was already put in the bank for me. I started to do some odd jobs (maybe still part of the tutorial?) like robbing a store.

Some dude was flying around in a helicopter, apparently in god mode (others were saying it in chat, I thought that wasn't allowed) and killing everyone. It took me 10 minutes to even get in. I timed it. Perhaps it is a bad time being a Saturday. Apparently I have to get to level 5 to take advantage of the Enterprise Pack and I'm 3 so I'll have to go in when it's quieter and there's not some yoda in a helicopter killing everyone to do that.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
So...went into online again. Because I had completed the tutorial the $1.25 million Amazon/Twitch money was already put in the bank for me. I started to do some odd jobs (maybe still part of the tutorial?) like robbing a store.

Some dude was flying around in a helicopter, apparently in god mode (others were saying it in chat, I thought that wasn't allowed) and killing everyone. It took me 10 minutes to even get in. I timed it. Perhaps it is a bad time being a Saturday. Apparently I have to get to level 5 to take advantage of the Enterprise Pack and I'm 3 so I'll have to go in when it's quieter and there's not some yoda in a helicopter killing everyone to do that.
I've never had that problem but do know of a few people that have.

No it isn't allowed to have any kind of mods or cheats for the online part. There is a passive mode but you can't use weapons or level up while in it.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

No it isn't allowed to have any kind of mods or cheats for the online part. There is a passive mode but you can't use weapons or level up while in it.

Thanks. I selected another session and, while if I got near them at all, they'd smash me and shoot at me, for the most part they let me be. I didn't know that about passive mode. I've been doing bounty rewards and speeding all over against traffic trying to level up a bit. Good to know that I'll have to disable that. It did mention something about not being able to use my weapon if in passive mode. I wasn't quite sure what that was, so I just beat up the bounty targets until they would come with me. :)

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
What the WHAT???

• 1Aww
Reactions: Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
BethLOLsda

• 1Grumpy Cat
Reactions: Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
New immersion mod for Skyrim:

Yes, it's an actual mod that simulates not being able to play Skyrim unless you're connected to the internet and logged into Bethesda.net ^^

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I thought that was some sort of.haptic toddler gaming chair.

Like, you could put your baby in it and hook it up to Forza and the baby would feel like it was ridding around in a race car.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Like, you could put your baby in it and hook it up to Forza and the baby would feel like it was ridding around in a race car.
And then the baby would go to sleep faster!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Speaking of old games made playable again, this guy has been working on moving Daggerfall to Unity for several years, and he says the project is now in alpha state:

According to him, DFU is at total feature parity with classic Daggerfall at this point, meaning all equipment, spells, and quests work and the game can be played from start to finish. From now through beta and release, the project will focus on bugfixes and tweaks.

Daggerfall Unity is technically a mod, insofar as in order for it to work you need an original Daggerfall install, which the Unity frame calls assets and functions from. But this isn't a problem really, because the original Daggerfall can be gotten for free.

But Daggerfall Unity isn't just "Daggerfall, but in Unity" either. Some game mechanics and magic effects that never worked correctly in Daggerfall - pickpocketing, for example - now work as the game's literature and narrative suggests they should. Broken quests have been fixed. A wall-climbing mechanic has been added which reflects your acrobatics skill.

Additionally, Unity's capabilities have been used to improve Daggerfall's visuals without destroying the art style. Characters are still paper-dolls and the art is still pixilated, but the pixilation has been smoothed a little, and things like lit torches and sconces actually project light and cast shadows. The game can be played full-screen on a modern computer. You have a longer, adjustable draw-distance. Terrain is no longer completely flat. The HUD has been overhauled to be minimally intrusive, and game controls by default are set to more closely match modern-day control schemes. Inventory now shows equipment stats and can be set to show more than a maximum half-dozen items at a time. Enemy AI and pathing is now more intelligent; and enemies of non-allied factions sharing the same dungeon spaces will fight each other as well as you. But all of these changes, including the visual ones, can be reverted to classic style if for instance all you really want to do is play original Daggerfall in every way but actually full-screen.

Also, because it's on Unity, DFU is highly moddable and there are already a few mods available and in the works that change the visual style, or add or change aspects of gameplay, add factions or quests, etc.

This video goes over some of the new stock options and shows some gameplay if you want to take a look (it's longish though)