Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
The international trailer seems to be Legacy instead of Afterlife outside of the US. Here's the German version which is a different cut, some different scenes and a little bit more proton pack action.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Leilany LaFollette

Judges you in Spanish
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Sort of. I've caught up by binge watching, and spent about 3/4 of it wanting to slap the shit out of Claire. Hubman actually met Diana Gabaldon in the NC State Archives a long time ago.
I read the books when they first came out a million years ago, the show is slightly different. Claire is annoying in the books, but she's even worse on the show. Gabaldon's female characters are mostly annoying like that.
I've met her too. Once in Seattle. She's amazing :)

Zaida Gearbox

I read the first three books - I think, and then I was just like good grief how many major historical events can she very improbably insert these two characters into?

What annoys me about Claire is that for all her "knowledge" of history - she lacks understanding. She expects 20th century understanding from people living in the 18th century - and it almost gets her and others killed on multiple occasions. Even simply showing Jamie a picture of his daughter in a bikini - naked to an 18th century mind - she's lucky he didn't beat the hell out of her again.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I just discovered that my recent iPad purchase entitles me to a free year of Apple TV+. :cool:
I had the same thing. Then I discovered it has nothing on it.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Wasn't quite sure where this, from the BBC series The Greatest Dancer, belongs but it's worth watching -- the guy is astonishing

Isabeau

Merdeuse
The Locke and Key Trailer just came out. I enjoyed reading the Graphic Novels (comic books?) by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez, and will be interested to see it on a screen.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Casually, it took me six months to watch the 110 episodes of Babylon 5, and I highly recommend it. The story is well threaded, and fairly consistent, and the universe is well constructed, lived in, and described by administrators, aristocrats, comedians, criminals, dock workers, doctors, maintenance engineers, merchants, philosophers, politicians, soldiers, and Zathras. There are a few things left unanswered:

Kosh met with a smuggler that said seemingly random words while Talia Winters observed. My best guess is that Kosh knew she was programmed and was trying to hit on the key to unlock her but that seems like a very inefficient method. Do we know what he was doing and I just missed it?

There is no mention of telepaths in the final episode so we don't know if they have a home world or if Psicorp is still operating as usual. My thinking is that human corporate structure won't function without telepathic support and Psicorp continues to offer that service. But I do hope that there's a home world alternative for telepaths of all races who don't want to serve mundanes for a living.

There is also no explanation of Emperor Mollari's demise in the final episode. The most elegant solution is Delenn convincing the shadow shadows to reveal themselves and join the other races in peaceful coexistence because there's no longer a reason to lurk behind the scenes. They will need a home, and Londo will have to either go with them, or die without them, but he can politic to have Vir crowned after he's gone. They also will take back the one in the "water urn" that Londo gave Sheridan to give to David.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Did you watch the movies as well?

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I have not seen the movies yet.