Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
After the Shadows left, one of their allies invaded Centauri Prime. These creatures are parasites that have high telepathic abilities. They wrap themselves around the necks of their hosts and control them, using telepathy to be effectively invisible.

Years after the events of the series, Molari is Emperor and infected by one of these creatures. Sheridan and Delenn are captured by the Centuri, and Molari has sentenced them to death. But he wants them to escape and get help for his people. So he gets drunk, since he has a higher tolerance for alcohol than the parasite, and arranges their escape. But once the parasite wakes up, it will tell the others what Molari has done. So before he sobers up, G’Kar strangles him. The parasite wakes up and senses the attack, so it makes Molari strangle G’Kar. That is why they die with their hands around each other’s throats, so that Sheridan and Delenn can escape.

Last edited:

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Thank You Veritable
I did see that in the episode where Babylon 4 was taken to the past. Dalenn was a prisoner but Sheridan was there due to the temporal fluctuations. I thought that was a possible future that wouldn’t happen because the Shadow War was ultimately averted and G’kar was fitted with an electronic eyeball then went away on pilgrimmage.

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Interesting perspective

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I have been watching through Quantico.

Something fun but totally pointless I noticed, but it sort of parallels the dual timelines gimmick.

Every episode so far (Except the First), starts and ends with a song by the same artist.

There is music from other people in the middle, but the opening and closing do this every time.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
This thread of someone watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time made my night ^^

It's a looooong thread, you may have to click the last tweet in line to see the rest of them if it seems to stop too early, they watch the whole movie to the end.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
This thread of someone watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time made my night ^^

It's a looooong thread, you may have to click the last tweet in line to see the rest of them if it seems to stop too early, they watch the whole movie to the end.
I haven't seen it in years - probably around the time it came out. Now I want to watch it again!

• 1Like
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I saw all that earlier on Twitter, lol.

I'm not at all a fan of dubbing. Unless it's in animation, I guess. Some people like it for tv series and such. We have voice actors here who always dub the same actors so that people get so used to them, they identify their voice with the famous person. It's also, I think, a nostalgia thing. It reminds them of their youth and the shows they watched (many American shows/movies were, and are, still dubbed). Strangely, many or most "foreign" films shown are subtitled, and not dubbed, although we do sometimes get the choice. We also get many more foreign movies than the rest of Canada, probably because we are simply more used to it. Personaly, I just can't get used to dubbing.

Anyhow, if he doesn't even go to see movies that often, why does he even share his thoughts on this subject, and why should we care? Man, we have really entered the age of opinions.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Anyhow, if he doesn't even go to see movies that often, why does he even share his thoughts on this subject, and why should we care? Man, we have really entered the age of opinions.
Oh Isabeau - I don't know what the opinion in Canada has been like, but here in the US this isn't just random. Parasite specifically beating Joker out for Best Picture has driven certain people absolutely insane. I'm talking foaming-with-rage.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts