WTF Mask rage

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
I just ordered an American flag mask, in the naive hope it might help push some of the more reachable R's in the right direction. I held back on the flag with the screaming bald eagle in foreground, however.

After all, one must have standards.

I also bought a face shield - one that can flip up. Might as well double down.
 
Last edited:

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,698
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
4,140
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
9410
So, our upscale places are more likely to have people not wearing masks, at least -before- mayor ordered a mandatory mask in indoor public spaces, while the more normal people places, more folks wore masks... can't say for Wal-mart because if I go there its usually completely un avoidable.
 

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,205
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
Breaking the code to flirt with right-wingers. You ole floozy.
As long as you don't burn the mask afterwards, they generally seem fine with using it for thongs, wife-beaters, picnic blankets, windbreakers...
 
  • 2Agree
Reactions: Archer and Rose Karuna

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
We've been doing deliveries also. It's been interesting and a bit of a mixed bag. The store does not always have what they show on the web site and sometimes our shopper does some creative substitution. Some substitution has been great because it's given me a chance to try new things, others, well, not so much. LOL

Also, I miss grocery shopping. I hate most shopping, particularly for clothing but I really used to enjoy grocery shopping.

What stops me is that I think that this is going to get worse, much worse and I don't want to take the risk of getting it.
I am cutting people slack risking it to be working to get everyone else food right now. I did have to laugh at one shopper though. I told them multiple times substitutions were fine as long as the substitution was vegan. Then some things were keyed in wrong so it was not easy finding out a nonvegan thing was selected. Or if I was offered a choice it was 'item 1 as item 2 is not vegan' .... then item 2 was added rather than item 1. There was even nonvegan stuff when the order arrived that I had not ordered. I still gave them a good tip and rating but was a bit torn ... the store not having things was not their fault but other things were.
 

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
Of course a nonmask crowded event at mt rushmore yesterday so the orange bellend could rail at statues coming down. Meanwhile the girlfriend of one of his sons tested positive and another similar event here in dc today. The mayor is not happy but there is not much she can do since it is federal land ... of course the virus does not know to stay there.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,698
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565